Weighty Issue Quiz – guessing closed

In 2010 I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy and also became the not-so-proud owner of an extra 40 pounds.  This is the year I’ve decided to get rid of 30 of those pounds.  It’s too hard for me to be the mother I want to be with the extra weight.  I’ve lost 10 pounds so far and can fit back into one old pair of jeans, only 10 or so more pairs to go 😉  I’ve been too skinny and I’ve been obese (according to those stupid BMI people) and I’m shooting for somewhere in the middle.  It’s not vanity but a health thing – Gage needs me around for a long while and I need to quit stress eating at the drive-thru.

Let’s see if you can match these fictinoal characters who have all struggled with their weight or body images issues and the books you find their stories in.

Take your best guesses, be entered to win a prize.  No cheating (using the web to help find answers) or copying.  You have til Sunday to enter.  All extras can be found here.

Leave your guesses in the comment section.  You only need to guess one to be eligible for a prize.

1. Cannie Shapiro          C. Good in Bed

2. Truly Plaice               E. The Little Giant of Aberdeen County

3. Minerva Dobbs          D. Bet Me

4. Heather Wells           F. Size 12 is Not Fat

5. Benny Hogan           A.Circle of Friends

6. Dolores Price             I. She’s Come Undone

7. Ignatius Reilly            J. The Confederacy of Dunces

8. Holly Brennan           B. Big Girl Panties

9. Arthur Opp                 G. Heft

10. Edie Middlestein       H. The Middlesteins

Answers to last weeks Sports Quiz here.   Details and Leaderboard here.

February 25, 2014 - Posted by | Quizzes

1. Good luck on your journey! Most of these are guesses.
    1. G

The Little Giant of Aberdeen County – Truly Plaice
    Size 12 is Not Fat – Heather Wells
    Heft – Arthur Opp
    Middlesteins- Edie Middlestein
    She’s Come Undone – Dolores Price
    Confederacy of Dunces – Ignatius Reilly

Fun quiz. Much success in your effort to get healthier. I need to get back on track too, I’ve been off since the fall.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | February 25, 2014 | Reply

4. Cannie Shapiro. Good in Bed.
    Heather Wells. Size 12 is not fat
    Edie Middlestein the Middlesteins
    Holly Brennan – Big Girl Panties

Comment by ellie | February 26, 2014 | Reply

5. 1.
    2. E.
    5. A.
    7. J.
    10.

I’m afraid I’ve failed miserably at this one. 😦

Comment by thetruebookaddict | February 27, 2014 | Reply

• 30 points! That’s okay, there’s always next week 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 3, 2014 | Reply

6. I’m a little late for the quiz, and I don’t know any of the answers anyway 🙂 but just wanted to leave you an encouraging word about your weight-loss efforts. I waited until the second beautiful 9.5 lb. baby I delivered was in college before I decided to get rid of the excess. It’s a long process and it takes work and commitment – but kudos to you for doing it now while Gage is young. If I can be of support in any way – just ask.

Comment by Tami | March 2, 2014 | Reply

• Thanks so much, Tami! It’s been nice to read on your blog how successful you’ve been. I really appreciate the encouragement 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 3, 2014 | Reply