Saturday Snapshot – Good for a Giggle

For years, every summer we would spend the better part of a week on Kelley’s Island with my parents.  One house that we walked past a few years ago seemed to have one of those summer long yard sales so my mom and I took pity and stopped in.  I actually did buy some beautiful Japanese tea cups, but it was this that gave me a giggle.  And inspired me to take a picture.

oldrelatives

I just love that this man was trying to sell his old relatives for $2 🙂  I’d ask a few dollars more for my own, what about you?

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by West Metro Mommy Reads.

February 22, 2014 - Posted by | Photos

1. Never mind the price of your relatives. Why are you still up at 2:38AM?

Comment by Lloyd Russell | February 22, 2014 | Reply

• Ha, it’s 1:54am and I’m just heading to bed. Fridays nights and Saturday mornings are mom’s time off. Trust me, these would be my witching hours every day if it were possible.

Comment by stacybuckeye | February 22, 2014 | Reply

• Still late! But not as bad as 2:54.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | February 22, 2014

2. Wow, I didn’t realize old relatives were worth that much. I could be rich! Have a great weekend!

Comment by brokencookiesdontcount | February 22, 2014 | Reply

• LOL, I know, right?! I still get a smile.

Comment by stacybuckeye | February 24, 2014 | Reply

3. LOL! Who knew you could sell your old relatives???

Comment by sandynawrot | February 22, 2014 | Reply

• He is quite the entrepreneur 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | February 24, 2014 | Reply

4. Very cute idea!

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | February 22, 2014 | Reply

5. LOL…who would want someone elses “old relatives?” NOT ME! LOL

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | February 22, 2014 | Reply

• The photos were very cool, but it was the ‘old relatives’ that got me chuckling.

Comment by stacybuckeye | February 24, 2014 | Reply

6. Wonder what current relatives go for?

Comment by readerbuzz | February 22, 2014 | Reply

• Probably giving those away 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | February 24, 2014 | Reply

7. hahaha… thanks for the giggle!

Comment by Veens | February 22, 2014 | Reply

8. My old relatives are priceless! I can’t believe he was selling those fabulous old photos.

Comment by BermudaOnion | February 22, 2014 | Reply

9. Funny! Though the one of the young woman with the flowers might be pretty framed. I like the sepia tone of those old photos. Wonder if he sold out??

Comment by jkb4664 | February 22, 2014 | Reply

10. Perhaps they weren’t his, but just some old photos…They are beautiful…

Comment by pinkim95 | February 22, 2014 | Reply

11. Some relatives…. they could have for free…. oops! Did I just say that? LOL – great pics!

Comment by Sheila (Book Journey) | February 22, 2014 | Reply

12. I love old family photos, I’d be buying them.

Comment by irene | February 22, 2014 | Reply

13. That is too funny! I guess people will sell (and buy) just about anything.

Comment by Sandra Nachlinger | February 22, 2014 | Reply

14. Oh, funny. And I bet he doesn’t know who they are! We found a box of old pictures in my great aunt’s house and sadly, whoever they were will remain a mystery. No one thought to put names and dates on them.

Comment by Leslie | February 22, 2014 | Reply

15. That’s too funny! I don’t think I’d be selling them though, I’d pass them down to my kids!

Comment by Vicki | February 22, 2014 | Reply

16. I’d love to see who was from Oneonta, NY (third picture down in the pile), as that’s where many of my relatives settled around the time of the Revolutionary War. They stayed in the area right up through the 1950’s. I collect old photos like these and frame them and put them on the wall in the upstairs hallway … we call them ‘instant relatives’ …

Comment by Susan | February 22, 2014 | Reply

17. Very funny! Great photo of the photos.

Comment by Pat @ Posting For Now | February 23, 2014 | Reply

18. I don’t know why anyone would sell them, or anyone else would buy them! I was given an old photo of my grandfather on the weekend- and I just love it, these pictures are invaluable.

Comment by Louise | February 24, 2014 | Reply

19. How funny! My mom is still going through my grandmother’s old photos. Every now and then she sends me some. There are quite a few she’s thrown out because she had no idea who was in them. I should tell her she should sell them instead!

Comment by Literary Feline | February 25, 2014 | Reply