Road Trip Quiz – guessing closed

It’s Thanksgiving week and many of us will be heading somewhere else to celebrate and since it’s been a while since I’ve done a movie quiz, here it is.  See if you can figure out these road trip movies.

You have until noon Sunday to submit your answers as a comment.  Comment will be hidden until I post the answers.  No Googling! The person with the most points this round will win a B&N gift card (total $ based on # of total participants, so please play) and a randomly selected participant will win a fun prize from me.

Answers to last week’s Bite Me quiz here. Leaderboard here.

1. One of my all-time favorite movies starring Steve Martin and John Candy takes place as they try to get home for Thanksgiving.  Planes, Trains & Automobiles

2.”The first relevant film about rock and roll and the music industry, the first film that lets you in on the secret.”  –Robert Wilonsky, Dallas Observer  Almost Famous

3. Charlie: Listen… Ray, I don’t know if I’m gonna have a chance to talk to you again. Because you see, these… Dr. Bruner really likes you a lot, and he’s probably gonna take you back. You know?
Raymond: Yeah.
Charlie: What I said about being on the road with you I meant. Connecting. I like having you for my brother.
Raymond: I’m an excellent driver.
Charlie: [smiling] Yes, you are. I like having you for my big brother.
Raymond: C-H-A-R-L-I-E. C-H-A-R-L-I-E. Main man.

Rain Man

4.  Vacation

5. “Sarandon and Davis give superb, wonderfully interactive performances: funky, fierce, funny and poignant.” –Newsweek  Thelma & Louise

6. This 1934 classic starring Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert won 5 Academy Awards and is a must see for lovers of screwball comedies.  It Happened One Night

7. Traveling across the country to lose your virginity seemed desparate to me, but it worked out in the end for John Cusack in this 1985 romantic comedy.  The Sure Thing

8.  (sigh)  Lord of the Rings trilogy

9. “A family determined to get their young daughter into the finals of a beauty pageant take a cross-country trip in their VW bus.” –IMDb.com  Little Miss Sunshine

10. “Someday it was inevitable that a great film would come along, utilizing the motorcycle genre, the same way the great Westerns suddenly made everyone realize they were a legitimate American art form.”  –Roger Ebert   Easy Rider

November 20, 2012 - Posted by | Quizzes |

1. The answer to #1 is one of my all-time favorites, too.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | November 20, 2012 | Reply

2. 1. Trains, Planes and Automobiles
    2. No clue
    3. Rainman
    4. Vacation – best movie ever – who could forget the aunt?
    5. Thelma and Louise
    6. It Happened One Night??
    7. The Sure Thing – John Cusack was great and Tim Robbins singing show tunes? LOL
    8. Lord of the Rings – Return of the King – Aragorn, yum!
    9. Never saw that one – maybe Sunshine in the title?
    10. Easy Rider?

Good quiz, Stacy! You guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving. No travel here. Everyone coming to us. I shopped for food yesterday. LOL

Comment by Kay | November 20, 2012 | Reply

• Kay, I miss reading your blog so I am grateful that you stop by everyweek to chat 🙂 I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving and that life is treating you well.
      You earned 83 points (3 for the Sunshine)!

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 25, 2012 | Reply

3. 1. Planes, Trains and Automobiles
    2.Spinal Tap??
    3. Rainman
    4. National Lampoon’s Vacation
    5. Thelma and Louise
    6. It Happened One Night
    10. Easy Rider

Comment by Tami | November 20, 2012 | Reply

• 68 points! 8 points for Spinal Tap since that is a perfectly reasonable guess.

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 25, 2012 | Reply

4. 1. Planes, Trains and Automobiles
    2. Spinal Tap
    3. Rainman
    4. National Lampoon’s Vacation
    5. Thelma and Louise
    6. It Happened One Night
    7. The Sure Thing
    8. Lord of the Rings — it looks like Return of the King, but most of the journey happens in Two Towers …
    9. Little Miss Sunshine
    10. Easy Rider

Comment by Word Lily | November 20, 2012 | Reply

• 98 points! 8 points for Spinal Tap since that seems completely reasonable and others thought so too!

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 26, 2012 | Reply

5. Sheesh that will teach me to visit this late in the day! Someone beat me to it. Would have added Sideways to this list!

Comment by Sandy | November 20, 2012 | Reply

• Just leave your guesses as a comment and you’re in! I come by and hide the comments when I can, so sometimes you see them and sometimes you don’t. But I still want you to join in, Sandy 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 20, 2012 | Reply

6. These are guesses:

1 – Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
    2 –
    3 – Rain Man
    4 – National Lampoon’s Vacation
    5 – Thelma and Louise
    6 –
    7 –
    8 –
    9 – Little Miss Sunshine
    10 –

Thanks for another fun quiz!

Comment by bermudaonion(Kathy) | November 20, 2012 | Reply

7. 1) Planes, Trains and Automobiles
    2) Almost Famous ( I LOVE this movie)
    3) Rain Man
    4) National Lampoon’s Family Vacation
    5) Thelma and Louise
    7) Say Anything
    9) Litte Miss Sunshine
    10) Whatever that movie is with Harvey Keitel, Jack Nicholson and Peter Fonda it. 🙂

Comment by Julie | November 20, 2012 | Reply

• 75 points! Since you got 2/3 of the cast you got points for Easy Rider 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 26, 2012 | Reply

8. 1. Trains, Planes and Automobiles
    2. Almost Famous
    3. Rain Man – Definitely
    4. Vacation
    5. Thelma and Louise
    6. It Happened One Night
    7. The Sure Thing (I think)
    8. Return of the King
    9. Little Miss Sunshine (loved it!)
    10. Easy Rider ?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | November 20, 2012 | Reply

• A perfect roadie score! I’ll try harder to stump you next week 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 26, 2012 | Reply

9. 1. Planes, Trains and Automobiles
    2. I’ll go with This Is Spinal Tap
    3. Rain Man
    4. Is that Bullwinkle??
    5. Thelma and Louise
    8. Lord of the Rings
    9. Little Miss Sunshine (I LOVE this movie!)
    10. That classic movie with Peter Fonda, and Jack Nicholson looking like a total goober, that I can’t believe I’m forgetting the name of (I really hope Ebert’s NOT talking about Wild Hogs)

Comment by softdrink | November 21, 2012 | Reply

• Wild Hogs, LOL! 63 trippy points. You got partial points for Spinal Tap and Easy Rider.

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 26, 2012 | Reply

10. 1. Planes, Trains and Automobiles
    2. Almost Famous ???
    3. Rain Man
    4. Vacation
    5. Thelma and Louise
    6. It Happened One Night ???
    7. One Crazy Summer ???
    8. Lord of the Rings trilogy
    9. Little Miss Sunshine
    10. Easy Rider or The Motorcycle Diaries (not sure if I can give two guesses) 😉

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment by thetruebookaddict | November 21, 2012 | Reply

• 90 points!! I always take your first guess, lucky for you it was the right one 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 26, 2012 | Reply

11. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Stacy 🙂

1. Planes, Trains and Automobiles
    2. Almost Famous
    3. Rain Man
    4. National Lampoon’s Vacation
    5. Thelma and Louise
    8. Lord of the Rings (love, love)
    9. Little Miss Sunshine
    10. Easy Rider

Comment by Teddyree | November 22, 2012 | Reply

12. I have no idea if this comment will go through, but I think I know all of these so I have to try!

1. Plane, Trains, and Automobiles
    2. Almost Famous
    3. Rain Man
    4. National Lampoon’s Vacation
    5. Thelma and Louise
    6. It Happened One Night (one of my faves of all time)
    7. The Sure Thing
    8. Lord of the Rings
    9. Little Miss Sunshine
    10. Easy Rider

Comment by Elyse | November 22, 2012 | Reply

• 100 points! Yea, it went through 🙂 It Happened One Night is one of my all time faves too.

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 26, 2012 | Reply

13. So rude of me. I hit Enter before wishing you and your family a very happy and safe Thanksgiving!

Comment by Elyse | November 22, 2012 | Reply

• Thanks, Elyse. I’m still in awe of YOUR Thanksgiving!

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 26, 2012 | Reply

14. 1- Planes, Trains and Automobiles. (we watched it yesterday. It’s a fave here to and a tradition to watch!)
    2- Almost Famous
    3- Rainman
    4-National Lampoon’s Vacation
    5. Thelma and Louise
    7- Sure Thing?
    8- Return of the King ( I love him too!!)
    9. Little Miss Sunshine
    10. Easy Rider?

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | November 23, 2012 | Reply

• A perfect score!!! 100 trippy points for the Woverine 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 26, 2012 | Reply

15. […] to last week’s Road Trip Quiz here. Leaderboard […]

Pingback by You don’t need to know anything about the Nutcracker, Nutcracker Quiz AND GIVEAWAY « Stacy's Books | November 27, 2012 | Reply