The Annual Highest Paid Author Quiz – guessing closed

Every year I do a quiz on the highest paid authors for the pat year (May 2011-June 2012 according to Forbes magazine).  I’m guessing that a lot of you saw the list and now we’ll see how much you remember.  Only one guy, the one at the top, is in the same spot.  In the past I’ve had you rank them in the correct order, but I’m always surprised at how hard that it, so I’m making it a little easier this time around.  I’m giving you the correct order and the initials (see how generous I can be?) and you just have to figure out who the author is.  Easy right?

FIRST TIMERS ALWAYS WELCOME!

You have until noon Sunday to submit your answers as a comment.  Comment will be hidden until I post the answers.  No Googling! The person with the most points this round will win a B&N gift card (total $ based on # of total participants, so please play) and a randomly selected participant will win a fun prize from me.

1. JP – James Patterson $94 m

9. DK – Dean Koontz $19m

10. JKR – JK Rowling $17m

11. GRRM – George RR Martin $15m

12. SM – Stephenie Meyer $14

12. KF – Ken Follett $14m

13. RR – Rick Riordan $13m

Answers to last week’s Dyslexia quiz here.  Leaderboard & rules here.

September 18, 2012 - Posted by | Quizzes

1. 1. James Patterson
    2. Stephen King
    4. John Grisham
    6. Barack Obama? (surely not, but the initials are right)
    7. Nora Roberts
    8. Suzanne Collins
    9. Dean Koontz
    10. J.K. Rowling
    11. George R.R. Martin
    12. Stephenie Meyer
    12. Ken Follett
    13. Rick Riordan?

Comment by Kay | September 18, 2012 | Reply

• 77 points! I never thought about Pres. Obama and Bill O having the same initials, funny 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 24, 2012 | Reply

2. I didn’t see the list bu can figure some of these out.
    1 – James Patterson
    9 – J K Rowlings
    10 –
    11 – George R R Martin
    12 –
    12 – Ken Follett
    13 –

I’m surprised Nicholas Sparks isn’t on the list!

Comment by bermudaonion(Kathy) | September 18, 2012 | Reply

• 70 points! Now that you mention it it does seem weird. I’m not sure how accurate the list is since I know they use a lot second hand information. Or maybe he had an off year and made less than $13m. How sad…not!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 24, 2012 | Reply

3. You have two 7s and two 12s …

1. James Patterson
    2. Stephen King
    4. John Grisham
    6. Bill O’Reilly
    7. Nora Roberts
    7b. Danielle Steel
    8. Suzanne Collins
    9. Dean Koontz
    10. JK Rowling
    11. George RR Martin
    12. Stephenie Meyer
    12b. Ken Follett
    13. Rick Riordan

Comment by Word Lily | September 18, 2012 | Reply

• 91 points 🙂 I should have made it more clear that those weren’t typos!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 24, 2012 | Reply

4. I think I saw this list but it’s a shame how few I remember and how I can’t even guess at that many. I think it’s because I don’t read many best-selling authors. Oh well, it was still fun trying to guess! Here are my answers:

1. James Patterson

9. Dean Koontz
    10. JK Rowling
    11. George R.R. Martin
    12. Stephanie Meyer
    12. Ken Follett
    13. Rick Riordan

This may be a duplicate comment as my computer had a glitch and I am not sure the first one registered. ;o)

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | September 18, 2012 | Reply

• Oh, Nise, you are back to your perfect ways 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 24, 2012 | Reply

6. 1. James Patterson
    2. Stephen King
    4. John Grisham
    7. Nora Roberts
    7. Danielle Steele
    9. Dean Koontz
    10. J.K. Rowling
    12. Stephenie Meyer
    12. Ken Follett

Did better this week! lol

Comment by Carol M | September 18, 2012 | Reply

7. Stacy, I tried to leave a comment while at work and I don’t think it registered. Will you let me know if it did not?

Comment by Nise' | September 18, 2012 | Reply

• Got it Nise! Lately your commenta have ended up in spam. I always find them 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 18, 2012 | Reply

8. 1. James patterson. That’s all I know…..I didn’t even know Forbes put out a list like this. Such a noob 😉

Comment by Heather | September 18, 2012 | Reply

9. I haven’t seen the list!!! But I’m going to do my best!

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | September 18, 2012 | Reply

10. JK Rowling
    11. George RR Martin
    12. Stephanie Meyer
    12.
    13.

Comment by softdrink | September 18, 2012 | Reply

• Kellerman was a good guess. 63 points!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 24, 2012 | Reply

11. I did see the list, not sure how good my memory is but I did wonder if anyone is ever going to knock James Patterson off top spot 🙂

1. James Patterson
    2. Stephen King
    3. Janet Evanovitch
    4. John Grisham
    7. Nora Roberts
    7. Danielle Steele
    9. Dean Koontz
    10. J.K Rowling
    11. George R R Martin
    12. Stephanie Meyer
    12. Ken Follet
    13.

Comment by Teddyree | September 19, 2012 | Reply

• 77 points 🙂 I think as long as Patterson farms out his ideas he’s in good shape!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 24, 2012 | Reply

10. JKR J.K. Rowling

11. GRRM George R.R. Martin

12. SM Stephenie Meyer

12. KF

13. RR

Comment by Marie (@bostonbibliophl) | September 20, 2012 | Reply

• 63 points is popular this week!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 24, 2012 | Reply

14. I am just sick to my stomach thinking that JP in the #1 slot is James Patterson because I think he sucks!

Comment by Jenners | September 23, 2012 | Reply

• I am giving you 7 points for that only because I want to play 😉 One of Patterson’s minions is going to email you one day to cease and desist your hate speech, LOL!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 24, 2012 | Reply

15. Darn it! I missed it. 😦

Comment by thetruebookaddict | September 24, 2012 | Reply

• As long as I haven’t posted the answers feel free to jump in.

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 24, 2012 | Reply

16. […] week’s Highest Paid Author Quiz here.  Leaderboard here. Share this:TwitterMoreFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like […]

Pingback by I Love Fall Quiz « Stacy's Books | September 25, 2012 | Reply