Thrilling Quiz – guessing closed

In honor of Thrill Week, our first quiz this round is all about mysteries and thrillers.  I hope every one will give it a shot.  Last round we had a record number of participants (46!) and I’m hoping to continue that trend.  FIRST TIMERS ALWAYS WELCOME!

You have until noon Sunday to submit your answers as a comment.  Comment will be hidden until I post the answers.  No Googling!  The person with the most points this round will win a B&N gift card (total $ based on # of total participants, so please play) and a randomly selected participant will win a fun prize from me.

Directions-Take a look at the photo of mysteries/thrillers that are the first in a series.  Choose the correct title and then choose the correct main character.  You’ll have two answers for each book.  Good luck and have fun!!!  Guesses are encouraged.

1. H.The Case of the Missing Books by Ian Sansom    u.Israel Armstong

2. C.The Informationist by Taylor Stevens   o.Vanessa Michael Munroe

3. I. Knots and Crosses by Ian Rankin    t.Inpector Rebus

4.  E.Still Life by Louise Penny     p.Chief Inspector Gamache

5. D. Case Histories by Kate Atkinson   s.Jackson Brodie

6. K.Dead Cat Bounce bt Sarah Graves  l.Jacobia Tiptree

7. A.Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn  m.Lady Julia

8. B.Heartsick by Chelsea Cain    n.Archie Sheridan

9. G.Don of the Dead by Casey Daniels    r.Pepper Martin

10.  J. Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo  q. Kate Burkholder

11. F.Truly, Madly by Heather Weber   v.Lucy Valentine

September 4, 2012 - Posted by | Quizzes

1. I don’t recognize any of them so these are all guesses, so don’t laugh!
    1. H, l (lowercase l)
    2. C, o
    3. I (capital I), t
    4. E, n
    5. F, r
    6. G, v
    7. A, m
    8. B, u
    9. D, p
    10. J, q
    11. K, s

Comment by BermudaOnion | September 4, 2012 | Reply

• I never laugh at guesses (unless they’re Jill’s and she wants me to). 55 points for guessing is awesome.

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2012 | Reply

• I always want you to laugh! (At mine. Not at the others…I’m not that mean. :-D)

Comment by softdrink | September 11, 2012

2. Yay!! Quizzes are back. Here are my guesses:

1. H, u
    2. C, o
    3. I, t
    4. E, p
    5. D, s
    6. K, l
    7. A, m
    8. B, n
    9. G, r
    10. J, q
    11. F, v

Comment by Kay | September 4, 2012 | Reply

• Kay, what a great way to start the round. A perfect score!!! 110 points for the mystery lover.

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2012 | Reply

3. I am going to feature your post – I have only read 1 and know that answer without thought and then can guess another but have no idea of character. You are so good with these. 🙂

My answers

# 8 is Heartsick by Chelsea Cain and character is Archie Sheridan

# 11 is Truly, Madly
    #10 Sworn to Silence

Guesses are
    1 Case Histories
    2 Silent in the Grave
    3 Knots and Crosses
    4 Still Life
    5 The Informationist
    6 Dead Cat Bounce
    7 The Case of the Missing Books
    9 Don of the Dead

Comment by Tea Time with Marce | September 4, 2012 | Reply

• These were not the most current series so I know it was tough 🙂 50 points!!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2012 | Reply

4. A couple of them I have no idea on and will take a guess. Off to a great start!
    1. G – U
    2. C -O
    3. I – T
    4. E – P
    5. D – S
    6. H – V
    7. A – M
    8. B – N
    9. K – R
    10. J -Q
    11. F – L

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | September 4, 2012 | Reply

• 85 points to start the round!!

5. This one is so fun!!

7. A, m
    8. B, v
    9. G, r
    10. J, q
    11. F, l

Comment by Word Lily | September 4, 2012 | Reply

• A great way to start the new round, Hannah! 95 points!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2012 | Reply

7. Yay so glad quizzes are back … fun, fun, fun!

1. H – P guessing case = inspector??
    2. C – O
    3. I – T
    4. E – R
    5. D – S
    6. K – L
    7. A – M
    8. B – N
    9. G – U
    10. J – Q
    11. F – V

Comment by Teddyree | September 4, 2012 | Reply

• Off to an awesome start with 95 points!

8. 1. H. The Case of the Missing Books r. Pepper Martin
    2. A. Silent in the Grave t. Inpector Rebus
    3. G. Don of the Dead p. Chief Inspector Gamache
    4. I. Knots and Crosses u. Israel Armstrong
    5. E. Still Life n. Archie Sheridan
    6. C. The Informationist s. Jackson Brodie
    7. D. Case Histories m. Lady Julia
    8. F. Truly, Madly l. Jacobia Tiptree
    9. K. Dead Cat Bounce o. Vanessa Michael Munroe
    10.J. Sworn to Silence q. Kate Burkholder
    11. B. Heartsick v. Lucy Valentine

I think I know one book the rest were total guesses! So fun!

Comment by Heather | September 4, 2012 | Reply

• Your total guesses got you a few points 🙂 25 points!

9. 1. H
    2. C,
    3. I, p
    4. E,
    5. D,
    7. A, m
    8. B,
    10.
    11. F, r

A lot of these are guesses and I can’t come up with anymore. Thanks for the fun!

Comment by thetruebookaddict | September 5, 2012 | Reply

• 45 points is a lot of good guessing!

10. A. Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn – m.Lady Julia
    B.Heartsick by Chelsea Cain – n.Archie Sheridan
    C.The Informationist by Taylor Stevens – l.Jacobia Tiptree
    D. Case Histories by Kate Atkinson – s.Jackson Brodie
    E. Still Life by Louise Penny – p.Chief Inspector Gamache
    F. Truly, Madly by Heather Weber – v.Lucy Valentine
    G.Don of the Dead by Casey Daniels – r.Pepper Martin
    I. Knots and Crosses by Ian Rankin – t.Inpector Rebus
    J. Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo – q. Kate Burkholder
    K.Dead Cat Bounce bt Sarah Graves – o.Vanessa Michael Munroe

I made a few guesses but I think most of them are right.

Comment by Carol M | September 5, 2012 | Reply

• 45 points! You could have also guessed the books for even more points 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2012 | Reply

11. Yay for the return of the quizzes! Although this is a pathetic start on my part…

1. Dead Cat Bounce, Vanessa Michael Munroe
    2. Silent in the Grave, Chief Inspector Gamache
    3. Knots and Crosses, Israel Armstrong
    4. Still Life, Jacobia Tiptree
    5. Case Histories, Kate Burkholder
    6. The Case of the Missing Books, Inspector Rebus
    7. The Informationist, Lady Julia
    8. Heartsick, Archie Sheridan (the only one not a pure guess!)
    9. Don of the Dead, Lucy Valentine
    10. Sworn to Silence, Jackson Brodie
    11. Truly Madly, Pepper Martin

Comment by softdrink | September 5, 2012 | Reply

• 45 points is far from pathetic!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2012 | Reply

12. Oh how I love your quizzes! I haven’t been joining in enough lately and I miss them! You must work so hard on these and although I don’t do very well with my answers, they are always so much fun!! And I’m glad you encourage guessing because that’s the majority of my answers this week!

1. D/o
    2. A/n
    3. I/p
    4. E/l
    5. K/u
    6. H/t
    7. C /m
    8. B/s
    9. G/r
    10. J/q
    11. F/v

Comment by Wrighty | September 8, 2012 | Reply

• I don’t expect anyone to get them right without a little guessing! I am happy to have you play as often as time allows. Believe me I know about not having time for everything 🙂
      50 points 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2012 | Reply

13. Well I only know five of them.

3 – Knots and Crosses / Inspector Rebus

7 – Truly Madly / Lady Julia
    9 – Don of the Dead / Vanessa Michael Munroe
    11 – Silent in the Grave / Lucy Valentine

Comment by Tara | September 8, 2012 | Reply

• 80 awesome points to start round 3 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2012 | Reply

14. Lack of time prevents me from trying this….!! But I have starred it in my reader and get to it when I have time!

BTW,

Here is my Thrill Week review of The !2th Victim by Katia Lief

Comment by gautami tripathy | September 9, 2012 | Reply

15. […] to last week’s Thrilling Quiz here.  Leaderboard & rules here. Share this:TwitterMoreFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like […]

Pingback by Dyslexic Authors Quiz « Stacy's Books | September 11, 2012 | Reply