Sundays with Gage – Is Gage too young for IT?

So Gage and I have been reading IT for the IT-along.  After about 5 minutes this is what happens.  Do you think he’s too young for IT?  Do you think it’s wrong for me to exploit my child this way just to be entered for a prize?  Discuss.

And over at Marce’s for Thrill Week she has two mystery teasers.  You should see if you can figure them out.

Gage will be back next week all rested up and hopefully not too scarred by his time with the clown.  Here’s my fave Gage photo of the week…

September 2, 2012 - Posted by | Gage

1. I totally believe in exploitation to win a prize! LOL

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | September 2, 2012 | Reply

2. Exploitation or not, I love the photo! Did you put the nose on him before or after he fell asleep?

Comment by BermudaOnion | September 2, 2012 | Reply

• After. I have a clown wig and was tempted to try it but didn’t want to risk waking him up!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 2, 2012 | Reply

3. Is he standing up sleeping? The clown nose is cute, Stacy. Don’t let him watch the movie though – too scary! LOL

Comment by Kay | September 2, 2012 | Reply

• He’s sleeping, Kay. I just flipped the photo. I’m not sure I want to watch the movie!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 2, 2012 | Reply

4. Its a scary book..I think hes too young. =)
    Cute photos!

Comment by Melissa B | September 2, 2012 | Reply

5. Oh my goodness, what a sweetie! He may be ready for trick or treating this year!!!

Comment by Mary | September 2, 2012 | Reply

6. I think IT bores him! : )

I think you’ll win “Cutest Scary Clown Nose Photo Ever.”

Comment by Jenners | September 2, 2012 | Reply

7. He’s a good sport whether he knew IT or not! ;o)

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | September 2, 2012 | Reply

8. Yay, I’m doing the It-along too! And no, not exploitative. It’s a cautionary tale for him to beware of clowns. Be afraid, Gage, be VERY afraid. LOL! Incidentally, my son’s name is Gabe (one letter off from Gage) and he shares my clown phobia. He was petrified of them when he was real little and is still quite leery of them at age 11. 🙂

Comment by thetruebookaddict | September 3, 2012 | Reply

9. Awwww cute little clown. Not at all scary.

Comment by Beth F | September 3, 2012 | Reply

10. OMG…so adorable that nose on Gage…..IT is creepier than I imagined…and the movie was a good one I thought, but definitely strange.

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | September 3, 2012 | Reply

11. What a way to take the fright of clowns, use cutie boy Gage. Sleep, nose and in a Mickey shirt, lol, love it.

Comment by Tea Time with Marce | September 3, 2012 | Reply

12. OMG!!!! It’s like that woman who makes these gorgeous room portraits with her baby while she sleeps. http://milasdaydreams.blogspot.com/ I don’t dare even breathe when Elle is asleep for fear that I’ll wake her. Even right now I’m just waiting for my typing to wake her up. Gage is certainly a lot more adorable and sweet than IT!!

Comment by Trish | September 3, 2012 | Reply

13. Ha, when I saw the title in my in-box, I thought you meant I.T., like information technology! And I thought yes, he probably is…

Comment by Tiny Librarian | September 3, 2012 | Reply

14. OMG! So cute!

Comment by pinkim95 | September 3, 2012 | Reply

15. I love both of those photos!! Thanks for the sweet laugh!! 😀

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | September 3, 2012 | Reply

16. The cute, IT burnnnnsssssss…….. 😀

Comment by avantaknits | September 3, 2012 | Reply

17. Gage is so cute! Almost overcomes my fear of clowns 🙂 It still scares me even in my advanced years!

Comment by Stephanie D. | September 4, 2012 | Reply

18. Never too young to introduce him to a fantastic author. 🙂 Adorable!

Comment by Tami | September 4, 2012 | Reply

19. Frightful! What you do to your poor kid. 😛

Comment by Care | September 4, 2012 | Reply

20. Hahahaa. That is so cute. When I saw the heading I too thought you were going to have him fix your computer. Ah, you’re just going to scare him with a clown! (I haven’t read IT either. I’m not particularly crazy about killer clowns and have been putting that book and movie off for years.)

Comment by Leslie | September 4, 2012 | Reply

21. Okay clown nose on Gage totally for the win!

Comment by christina | September 5, 2012 | Reply

22. IT just goes to prove that whatever you do to him, he is still the cutest and most adorable kid around! So cute.

Comment by Gage's Grandma | September 5, 2012 | Reply

23. I’m all for exploiting kids. And he is adorable!

Comment by Carol | September 5, 2012 | Reply

24. Best. Clown. Ever!

And bonus points for avoiding the embarrassing clown self-portrait. 😀

Comment by softdrink | September 5, 2012 | Reply

25. Heck no! That’s what kids are for 😉
    Tell Gage IT puts me to sleep too.

Comment by jennygirl | September 6, 2012 | Reply

26. I say go for it…win a prize and maybe give it to Gage!

Comment by sagustocox | September 7, 2012 | Reply

27. Heck, no! Exploit away!! Isn’t that what our kids are for? 😀
    I’m kidding of course, but he looks adorable, kids love to be read to and he’s too young to know what it’s about. I did love being scared by this book along with all of Stephen King’s books! Have fun and keep posting those photos of your little cutie! You’ll have plenty of choices for his high school yearbook someday too!

Comment by Wrighty | September 8, 2012 | Reply

28. Haaa Haaa! I LOVE the photo of Gage wearing the clown nose and sleeping next to your copy of IT! And all’s fair in love and war and prize-winning…right?!?! If Gage is enjoying it as you read IT to him then I’d say No worries, go for it! If he is deathly afraid of or hates lowns when he’s 5 or 6…welll…. { :O) }

Love grandma’s comment…and she’ right!

Comment by Amy | September 10, 2012 | Reply