Please play along with us. For everyone who plays an extra $ goes to the winner and the everyone is entered for a special prize. Just leave a comment with your guesses and don’t google the answers.
1. This Pulitzer and Nobel winner moved to Idaho in 1959 and shot himself at the age of 61. Ernest Hemingway
2. This 30 year old put her head in the oven and died of carbon monoxide poisoning while her two children were home. One of these children would commit suicide himself in 2009. Sylvia Plath
3. In 1941 this famous author filled her pockets with stones and drowned herself in a nearby river. Virginia Woolf
4. This author of infinite talent hung himself in 2008 at the age of 46. David Foster Wallace
5. This New Orleans author wrote one book and comitted suicide after several rejections. His mother fought to get it published after his death and when it was he won the Pulitzer, posthumously. John Kennedy Toole
6. In 1997 this author took his own life after allegations of abuse surfaced from two of his children. Michael Dorris
7. This author left this note to his wife before committing suicide in 2005… Hunter S Thompson
No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun – for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax – This won’t hurt.
Match these characters who committed suicide with the books they are from.
1. Cecilia Lisbon D. The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
2. Willy Loman E. Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
3. Edna Pontellier A. The Awakening by Kate Chopin C. 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
4. Billy Bibbit B. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
5. Inspector Javert F. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
6. Septimus Waren Smith H. Mrs. Dalloway by Virgina Woolf
7. George Wilson G. The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald
8. Hannah Baker C. 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
William Shakespeare has over 50 characters commit suicide. Name 1 for the last 6.25 points.