Monday Movie Meme – Future Legends

Feature Presentation…MONDAY MOVIE MEME
Who among the under 50 crowd might reach legend status in the next 25 years or so?

It seems hard to pick future legends.  I mean who knows when an overdose, shoplifting conviction, or insane rantings might take you out of consideration?  Well, here are the actors and actresses that I think have the acting chops and good head on their shoulders to make the cut.
Johnny Depp. I think his acting choices and talent will maintain his legend status for years to come.  He’s eccentric, but in a sexy way 🙂  I can’t really choose a favorite performance because they are all good – even if I didn’t care for the movie itself.

Kate Winslet.  She can do no wrong in my book.  Especially loved her performances in Revolutionary Road and The Reader.

Leonardo DiCaprio.  I knew he could act years before Titanic made him a star mainly because of What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, and he has proved over and over that he is very good at what he does.

Natalie Portman.  Loved her from her first performance in The Professional and in V is for Vendetta.  She’s a smart cookie and takes roles that showcase her talents.
Julia Roberts.  I think she had already secured her title as a movie legend.  She is just so easy to like and isn’t that what we want when watching a movie?

So do you have a favorite under 50 actor who will be a future legend?

23 thoughts on “Monday Movie Meme – Future Legends

1. Bumbles says:

I haven’t seen enough of Natalie Portman’s work to judge – but she was hysterical in that SNL Digital Short. I always respect an actor/actress more when they can do comedy and don’t take themselves so damn seriously.

As for the rest of your selections – thumbs up all around.

• stacybuckeye says:

For me I think she’s a great actress with a very good head on her shoulders so I don’t think she’ll fall prey to a lot of what other celebrities do.

• stacybuckeye says:

I can see Johnny turning you off. I have a thing for him, my husband wonders why since he is the complete opposite 😉

• stacybuckeye says:

I think Julia has already secured her legendary status so I almost didn’t include her 🙂 Matt Damon was thisclose to making my list.

2. Jenners says:

I’m with you on everyone but Natalie Portman … I just haven’t seen her do too much that is really amazing. But maybe I just haven’t seen the right movies of hers.

3. Caspette says:

I agree with all those choices. I would add Drew Barrymore most of her movies are good, and Hugh Jackman (but Im partal I guess he is just spunky!). Ohhh and Shia Lebouf, he is and interesting actor has had some good picks and even though he is doing the action thing at the moment I think he is an actor to watch out for when he spreads his wings (oh did I mention spunky too?).