Patriotic Movie Quiz

Another July 4th has come and gone, but that doesn’t mean we have to wait another year for the fireworks and parades to pull our patriotic strings.  These ten movies will make you proud to be an American.  Identify as many of the movies as you can my leaving a comment.

Here are the rules… 1. Open to everyone.  Play once or every week, that’s okay.  I’m happy to have you here today.

2. No cheating.  No googling, other internet searches or looking at other commenter answers.  Yes, we’re going by the honor system

3. Your first answers will be the only ones accepted.

Answers to last week’s quiz here.  Leaderboard here.

1. This guy was our President.  Independence Day

2. Jimmy Stewart displays American idealism at its best when he shows us not every politician is corrupt.  Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

3. Rocky Balboa went to Russia to fight in which Rocky movie?  (Hint-There are 6)  Rocky IV

4. This Canadian guy played our President in TWO movies. You can name them both for extra points.  13 Days & National Treasure Book iof Secrets

5. The 1980 Olympics gave our hockey team the chance to show the world that Americans never give up.   Miracle

6. This high soaring thrill ride made household name of Tom Cruise.  And who can forget Iceman?   Top Gun

7. This guy was our President.  Air Force One

8. These American heroes were headed to the moon, but ran into a few problems.   Apollo 13

9. Matt Damon plays the last surviving brother and is the focus of an American hunt in WWII Europe.  Saving Private Ryan

10. In this 1942 film which President is seen from behind?  Franklin D Roosevelt

You have until Thursday night to submit your answers.  They will show up on Friday.

30 thoughts on “Patriotic Movie Quiz

1. Kay says:

Hmmmm…no guarantees with this one. We’re off of books and back to movies. LOL

1. Independence Day
    2. Mr. Deeds Goes to Washington (?)
    3. Rocky III (maybe? that’s about when I stopped watching them!)
    6. Top Gun
    7. Airforce One (or something like that?)
    8. Apollo 13
    9. (It’s on the tip of my tongue….)
    10. FDR (?)

OK, I did horrible. Movies are not my forte!

2. Bumble says:

2. Mr. Smith Goes To Washington
    3. Rocky IV
    4. I have no idea who that is – I thought it was Tom Skerritt without the ‘stache but he’s American.
    5. Miracle
    6. Top Gun
    8. Apollo 13
    9. Saving Private Ryan
    10. FDR

I obviously have not seen those movies with Prez. portrayals. Why couldn’t you have chosen The American President with Michael Douglas or Dave with Kevin Kline?! Then there’s prez. related ones like Guarding Tess with Shirley MacLaine and In The Line of Fire with Clint Eastwood. Oh – I could go on and on – but it won’t change the fact that I haven’t watched #1, #4 or #7 :0(

• stacybuckeye says:

70 points is pretty awesom 🙂 I loved Guarding Tess. It was when I was going through my Nic Cage phase.

3. Jo-Jo says:

Oh my…I know a few but not all of them!

2. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

3. I’m a big Rocky fan and I’m pretty sure it’s Rocky III

5. Miracle

6. Could it be Top Gun?

7. Air Force One

8. Apollo 13

I should know number 9 but it isn’t coming to mind and I can only visualize James Cagney singing in number 10…so that’s it for me!

4. Jennifer Rayment says:

Still hoping I can enter — even though I am only a patriotic Canadian with a love for my neighbors to the south ; )

1 Independence Day
    2 Mr Smith Goes to Washington (god I love J. Stewart)
    3 Rocky 3 (no frickin idea, just totally guessing)
    4 National Treaure 2 & Thirteen Days
    5 Munich (no idea usually tune out if US wins hockey – It’s a Canadian thing LOL)
    6 Top Gun (Mmm Volleyball scene)
    7 Air Force one
    8 Apollo 11
    9 Saving Private Ryan
    10 Roosevelt

5. Wrighty says:

1. Independence Day (This movie was on all weekend so I hope I got it right! And I’ve said it before but I have to say it again and again – Bill Pullman is my doctor’s brother! How cool is that?? They are from a small town 40 minutes away. He has obviously moved away but comes back to visit a few times a year. Sadly, I haven’t met him – yet…)
    2. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
    3. Rocky 4
    5. Miracle on Ice
    6. Top Gun
    7. Executive Decision
    8. Apollo 13
    9. Saving Private Ryan
    10.

• stacybuckeye says:

65 points! I’m giving you half for #5. And you can tell the Bill Pullman story anytime, I would if I were you!

6. StephanieD says:

1. Independence Day
    2. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
    3. Rocky IV
    6. Top Gun

I am totalling blanking out this week – They’re all on the tip of my tongue, I swear!

7. Nise' says: