Monday Movie Meme – We are the Champions

Molly over at The Bumbles decided this week’s movie topic should revel in all things victorious. Share on your blog movies focusing on champions, victories and winners.

Well, here are my choices.  What do you think?

1.Cover ImageLove this man who is all heart.

2. Cover ImageLove basketball and this story of the underdog.

3. Cover ImageCleveland rising from the cellar with hilarity (we could use a little of this now!).

4. Cover ImageThere’s no crying in baseball.

5. Cover ImageRalph Macchio, where are you?

Hey, my list has five different sports, sort of.  Which is kind of funny since I’m not even a baseball fan.  Do you have a favorite?

16 thoughts on “Monday Movie Meme – We are the Champions

1. Jo-Jo says:

These are great movies you have listed here. Another one that comes to mind for me is Pride. It has Terrance Howard and was about an inner city swim team. I just always end up loving these sport related movies!

That’s a great one! We just saw that recently. I thought Howard did a great job and it was inspiring. I love the ‘one person can make a world of difference’ movies 🙂

2. Heather says:

Excellent choices! I love all except the first one. My post is HERE.

I watched the first 3 Rocky movies within a few weeks of each other. If I had only watched the first one I wouldn’t love Rocky as much as I do.

3. Bumbles says:

Wow – what’s with all the Rocky haters? I went to see the one where he fights the Russian – was that the third one? – in the theater with two of my girlfriends and we were giving him a standing O at the end – such geeks.

Karate Kid is probably the best choice of the day.

The Russian was #4 and I saw it at the theater with girlfriends too! They were all drooling over Dolph. Traitors.

4. jb says:

I love all of your picks. Rocky and Hoosiers are my favorites. It’s hard to believe there are people out there who haven’t seen Rocky! I would add ‘Pride of the Yankees’ (Lou Gehrig’s story).

5. Nise' says:

All great ones. My daughter has always loved A League of Their Own and used to watch it over and over again. I know some of the actors that were in Hoosiers! My friends (husband and wife) had bit parts, the wife was a cheerleader and husband was in the crowd. His brother played Ollie.

6. Louise says:

I loved A League of Their Own and Karate Kid, my Gosh, KARATE KID!!! That was an awesome movie 🙂 I’ve also seen a couple of the Rocky movies, but never liked them that much. The other two I’ve never seen.

7. Wrighty says:

Great choices! They all make you want to cheer at the end too. They also have that great inspirational music, especially Rocky movies. Who doesn’t want to jump up and do something after that? My nephew watches a Rocky movie before every hockey game to get him pumped up.

It seems like there are lots of football stories – We are Marshall, Friday Night Lights, Rudy, Remember the Titans and Brian’s Song (Made me cry as a kid, that’s going back a long way) My brother just saw The Blindside and said it was really good!

Karate Kid is being remade now. I think Will Smith’s son Jaden is in it with Jackie Chan and it’s suppose to be out next summer. Ralph Macchio had been on Ugly Betty playing a boyfriend.