NYC Trip

We just got back from our trip to New York City a few hours ago.   I’m looking forward to catching up with everyone, but thought I’d share a few highlights.

We stayed at the Sheraton Tower at Times Square (although they say Times Square it is actually several blocks north).  Every trip we always go the the Met, but we’d never been to the roof before.  This is what we found there…

ny me on met roof

Yes, that’s me interacting with the art.  There are beautiful views of the city and Central Park from there.  We also went and saw Avenue Q on Broadway.  Loved it!

I was also able to meet up with my old friend Golda.  We met when we were both working at Barnes & Noble in Michigan.  She’s been working at WW Norton for nine years.

ny me & golda

After a very nice lunch she showed me around the offices and gave me a few books and a great bag!

ny books

Thanks, Golda!

While Jason was conferencing I was able to walk around the city, ride the subway (always an experience), and get some reading done.  I had intended to walk to the apartment that Jason ad I lived in for 5 months in Midtown, but never made it over there.  Maybe next trip  🙂

We were also able to meet up with another old friend last night, an old Navy buddy of Jason’s, but I forgot to take a picture!  Anyway, we had a fun time, but I’m glad to be home.

12 thoughts on “NYC Trip

1. Violet says:

Lovely pictures. Love the art work on the roof and a copy of stitches, wow.

Golda says Stitches was a big hit at BEA. It will be my first graphic novel – well a memoir!

2. bermudaonion says:

Oh my gosh, that’s the same hotel we stayed at!! We were on the 41st floor and our first ride up in the elevator kind of freaked me out. I got used to it, though. I’m glad you had a great time!

So close to running into each other! This is the first time we’d stayed there and it is my least favorite hotel so far. I did not like being so close to the madness of Times Square!

3. Megan says:

Glad you had fun! Looks like the weather was nice for you 🙂 I hope to make it to New York City one of these days — I visited on a field trip when I was 12, but spent more time checking out the silly boys on the bus than any of the landmarks! 🙂

When I think of all the time wasted watching and thinking about boys I get so mad 🙂 I think of all the things I would know right now because I would have been paying attention in class!

4. Margot says:

I’ve only been to NYC once. It was so exciting to see all the things I heard about or saw in pictures. The energy there is amazing. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

The energy is why I go back as often as I can. I always feel like right in the middle of where it’s all happening.

5. Wrighty says:

So awesome! I’m envious! It looks like you had a great time. I live on the other side of NY state but I’ve never been to NY City. Two of my kids have gone for their senior trip in high school and they did so much in only 2 1/2 days. I really have to go someday. Thanks for sharing your photos. 🙂

Everyone should go to New York City at least once – especially a New Yorker!

6. Molly says:

Do you know that we were in NYC in March and went to the Met? We thought the asking price was ridiculous so we snuck in. When we visited the restrooms and tried to re-enter we got the boot. Then after the fact we realized that admission was voluntary which made me wonder why they were so eager to kick us freeloaders out. Would have loved to have seen that roof.

I can’t believe they kicked you out!!! That is too funny. I think you are supposed to give any donation to get the metal thing to wear. I think you could give a dollar. I’ll have to tell my husband that one. He’ll love it.