7 Things You May Not Know About Me(me)

You are the unsuspecting readers of  Seven Random Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me.  You can thank Don (here) for these few minutes you won’t get back.

1. On my 16th birthday my parents gave me a 1980 Camaro.

2. This is one of the perks of being an only child.

3.  I failed my driving test twice before I barely passed on the 3rd try.

4. I got into an accident a month after that.

5. When I moved to Washington DC my Buick was stolen and found a few days later.

6. When I picked it up at the junkyard the attendant showed me how to start my car using a fork from the ground because my steering column was busted.

7. I used that fork for almost a month before finally getting the steering column fixed.

Now you know…

I’d like to hear from all of you, so you are all tagged!

The Rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules.
3. Write 7 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 7 people and link to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they were tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry has been published.

January 10, 2009 - Posted by | lists | , ,

1. nice story. Glad you got your car back.

Hmmm. At the time I wasn’t so happy considering the condition.

Comment by ggw_bach | January 10, 2009 | Reply

2. I like books too, but my local library isn’t hiring. Being an only child does have its perks.

Yes. There aren’t many places hiring right now 😦

Comment by maryrestaino | January 10, 2009 | Reply

3. My son would love to have that 1980 Camaro right now. He’s an only child, but his grandparents gave him a car, instead of us.

Eventually the car was used to make a race car by one of my cousins.

Comment by bermudaonion | January 10, 2009 | Reply

4. Thanks for playing.
    My first car was a 1974 Pontiac Grand Prix J-edition, dark green metalflake paint and black leather seats.

Nice 🙂

Comment by donstuff | January 10, 2009 | Reply

5. Do I remember the car thing? Where was it stolen?

It was stolen from Jason’s place. Which is very funny considering that he lived in a very nice neighborhood and we, well, we didn’t!

Comment by The old roomate | January 11, 2009 | Reply

6. A Camaro? You lucky lucky girl!!! (I love them almost as much as ‘Vettes.)

As an irrelevant aside, I really like your new blog format. Very stylin’.

Thanks! I wasted an hour going through all my choices and settled on this one. I like it too 🙂

Comment by Elena | January 11, 2009 | Reply