CONGRATS MARK! Have you been studying?
In honor of the the new President this week’s quiz is full of quotes from past Presidents (of the United States!) and one from our new President.
Here’s how to play…Identify the President and leave a comment with the # and the name and I’ll cross it off the list. No Googling, that’s cheating and no fun!
Possible Presidents left-Wilson, Eisenhower, Truman, Washington, Nixon, Clinton, CArter, Kennedy
1.” A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.”–RICHARD NIXON
2.” We cannot be both the world’s leading champion of peace and the world’s leading supplier of the weapons of war.”–JIMMY CARTER
3. “All great change in America begins at the dinner table.” RONALD REAGAN, Mark
4. “I claim not to have controlled events, but confess plainly that events have controlled me.” ABRAHAM LINCOLN, Mark
5. “You can’t know too much, but you can say too much.” CALVIN COOLIDGE, Janet
6. “Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.”–JOHN F KENNEDY
7. “Success is not the measure of a man but a triumph over those who choose to hold him back.”–BILL CLINTON
8. “I would rather belong to a poor nation that was free than to a rich nation that had ceased to be in love with liberty.”–WOODROW WILSON
9. “I despise people who go to the gutter on either the right or the left and hurl rocks at those in the center.” —DWIGHT D EISENHOWER
10. “Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth.”–GEORGE WASHINGTON
11. “Every nation in every region now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or are you with the terrorists.” GEORGE W BUSH, Elena
12. “Let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” FRANKLIN D ROOSEVELT, Jason
13. “I assume the Presidency under extraordinary circumstances…This is an hour of history that troubles our minds and hurts our hearts.” GERALD FORD, Kathy
14. “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.”–HARRY S TRUMAN
15. Americans…still believe in America where anything’s possible-they just don’t think their leaders do.” BARACK OBAMA, Mark