Time magazine chose the top 10 fiction books of 2008 (http://www.time.com/time/s pecials/2008/top10/article/0,30583,1855948_1864238,00.html) and sadly I have not read any of them.
1. 2666 by Roberto Bolano
2. Lush Life by Richard Price
3. American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
4. Anathem by Neal Stephenson
5. Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
6. Personal Days by Ed Park
7. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Shaffer and Barrows
8. When Will There Be Good News? by Kate Atkinson
9. The Graveyard Book by Neal Gaiman
10. The Widows of Eastwick by John Updike
How many have you read? Would you recommend them?
I’ve looked over the books I’ve read that were published this year and came up with four favorites. Hold Tightby Harlan Coben, Inside Out Girl by Tish Cohen, Sweet Carolineby Rachel Hauck, and Enemy Combatantby Ed Gaffney.
Do you have a favorite book that came out this year?