I love to go to the movie theater. We go through stretches where it seems we go every week or times like now where we are lucky to get there once a month. These are the actors and actresses that make me more likely to pay money for a ticket and popcorn.
- Keanu Reeves – I’ve watched 32 of Keanu’s movies. It started with Bill & Ted, Point Break and Speed and continued with The Matrix movies, Something’s Gotta Give, The Lake House and the John Wick films.
- Viggo Mortensen – I took notice of him first in GI Jane, but my heart didn’t flutter until his turn as Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings movies. A Walk on the Moon is another fave, but I’ll watch him in anything. I’ve seen him in 17 movies.
- Leonardo DiCaprio – I first saw Leo in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape in 1993 where he was first nominated for an Oscar and I’ve gone on to see 19 of his films. I love his movie choices.
- Tom Cruise – Love him or hate him his movies are usually good. I’ve seen him in 30 films starting with Top Gun in 1986.
- Ben Stiller – Over the years I’ve seen 28 of Ben’s movies, the first in 1994 with Reality Bites. I’ve got 3 of his movies in my top 25 so I guess he belongs on the list 🙂
- Sandra Bullock – I saw her first in Speed in 1994 but It was a year later with While You Were Sleeping that made me a big fan. 25 movies and counting.
- Julia Roberts – It started with Pretty Woman and last year she did it again with Wonder. I’ve seen 25 of her movies.
- Rachel McAdams – I’ve seen 15 of her movies and always like her, even when she’s mean 🙂
- Kate Winslet – I remember her from Sense and Sensibilty, pre-Titanic fame and love her choices. Somehow I’ve only seen 10 of her movies though and not her latest.
- Melissa McCarthy – She’ll always be Sookie first but I’ve seen her in 11 movies.
So, who are some actors you like to see at the movies?
9 thoughts on “M- Top Ten Movie Stars”
You’ve got some good actors listed here and also referred to many favorite movies. I will say that Sandra Bullock is a big favorite of mine, especially some of her older movies. And pretty much anyone in the Lord of the Rings movies goes on my list – Viggo included.
Sandra is really maybe the only one I make sure to see in the theater. Can’t wait to see the newest Ocean movie with the all star cast!
I’d rather see a movie in the theater too. I wish Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy would do another one together.
I’m a fan of just about everyone on this list. I barely ever get to the movie theater (like three times a year, maybe) but I catch what I can on Netflix when I have a moment. I laughed when I read your comment about Tom Cruise. It’s true. The guy is . . . something . . . but his movies are well done. Some of the better actors really just need a shout-out like this now and then.
You have seen a lot of movies.
My favorite actor when I was young was John Wayne. His movies were on TBS all the time. As I got older, I got more cynical, and Robert De Niro became my favorite actor. I don’t really have a favorite anymore though.
I see 70 movies of year. But I didn’t realize how many each of these actors has been in. Impressive.
It’s crazy how many most of them have been in. These numbers are only the ones that I’ve seen!
Melissa McCarthy is big on my list too. Sandra Bullock, Viggo. Yup. Also Tom Hanks would go up there. I’ve seen a lot of Rachel Weisz too. Great list!