Jason turns 40 tomorrow! In honor of my younger half, this quiz is about bestselling authors who first published when they were 40 or older. The best is yet to come 🙂
Leave your guesses in a comment. Good luck!
No Googling or looking at other commenter answers. Yes, we’re going by the honor system Play every week or just one time, you are always welcome 🙂 It only takes once to be eligible for a prize.
- She published “Little House in the Big Woods” at 64. Laura Ingalls Wilder
- He was 66 when “Angela’s Ashes” was published. Frank McCourt
- He was 41 when his first novel, “Tom Sawyer” was published. Mark Twain
- She wrote “Black Beauty” at 57 when she was sick and she died a year later. Anna Sewell
- He was 50 when his first adult novel, “The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency” was published. Alexander McCall Smith
- She published her first novel, The Bluest Eye” at 40. Toni Morrison
- “Watership Down” was published when the author was 54. Richard Adams
- She published her first novel, “Adam Bede” at 40. George Eliot
- “The Big Sleep” the author’s first novel, was published at 51. Raymond Chandler
- Your turn-give me an over 40 success story!
Last week’s color quiz was fun and there were very few repeats!!