Gage turns 5 today!

I cannot believe my little man is 5 years old today.  He is funny, smart, loving, goofy, social, curious, and opinionated. He continues to surprise me with his progress. I spend a lot of (way too much) time worrying about the important day-to-day struggles but today I just sit and appreciate him and how far he’s come.  We had his (crazy) birthday party yesterday at the nature center where he went to camp and he had a blast.  I like parties and I like to invite all of Gage’s friends because I want anyone who wants to help him celebrate to come. We had 21 kids (and 2 newborns) plus parents.  It was chaos 🙂  The naturalist spent and hour with he kids, taking them on a walk outside to dig in the dirt for things to feed the center’s turtle and they were able to pet a snake.  It was when they came back in for the cake  that things got silly.  We started singing Happy Birthday and I realized I had only put 4 candles on the cake!!  I had to stop everyone and add one, jeesh!  So we sang again and a friend next to Gage blew out the candles.  Tears came and we relit the candles and sang AGAIN!  But he was upset and despite lots of moist blows could not get that 5th candle blown out (more tears).  But after that things went back to normal until the last few of his friends left and then he was sad 😦  My guy does not mind a crazy party!

Here he is through the years….

5!

5!

4th birthday4!

bdcake13!

2!

1!

And his birth story is here 🙂

October 19, 2015 - Posted by | Uncategorized |

1. That is so cool, Stacy. Glad to hear how well he is doing. He’s obviously got great, caring parents.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | October 19, 2015 | Reply

2. I remember meeting you when you were pregnant with Gage. Time zooms right by! Happy birthday to your little man!

Comment by Beth Hoffman | October 19, 2015 | Reply

3. What a great party! Happy Birthday Gage!

Comment by Vicki | October 19, 2015 | Reply

4. Happy Birthday Gage!

Comment by Melissa | October 19, 2015 | Reply

5. There’s always one person willing to step in and blow out your candles for you. Happy Birthday, Gage!

Comment by snoozing on the sofa | October 19, 2015 | Reply

6. Happy Birthday to Gage!!!

Comment by lakesidemusing | October 19, 2015 | Reply

7. Gage is FIVE? Wow, sounds like he had the best celebration ever… I mean, they got to pet a snake!! Happy Birthday, Gage!

Comment by Mary | October 19, 2015 | Reply

8. Happy Birthday, Gage!! Sounds like the party was great for the most part.

Comment by Carol | October 19, 2015 | Reply

9. Happy Birthday Gage! What a crazy fun party 🙂

Comment by Teddyree | October 19, 2015 | Reply

10. Happy 5th birthday to Gage! I can’t believe it has been that long already! It means we are five years older too! What a unique party, I am sure fun was had by all.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | October 19, 2015 | Reply

11. Five already! It sounds like Gage had a great birthday, even with the Birthday candle glitches. I bet you are glad it’s over–the party part, anyway. 🙂

I think we’re going to do one more year of having Mouse’s birthday at her school with her friends–since that way we can be sure they all are able to make it. I’m not ready yet to throw her one all by myself.

Mouse sends her belated birthday wishes to Gage. She was sad she couldn’t go to his party. She wants him to know she would have come if her mom and dad would have let her.

Comment by Literary Feline | October 20, 2015 | Reply

12. Happy birthday, Gage!

Comment by Word Lily | October 21, 2015 | Reply

13. What a cutie! So glad he had an amazing birthday!

Comment by hmsgofita | October 25, 2015 | Reply