Read-a-Thon update, hour 7

lg new readathonbutton borderWe’re into the 7th hour and I fee like I haven’t gotten enough reading done, but I’m not stressing about it because I’ve had fun visiting old friends and cheering for new ones.

Since the last update during hour two, I’ve eaten lunch (pulled pork sandwich with chips and salsa), fixed Gage lunch (hamburger & grilled cheese) cheered for team Sherlock, visited participating blog friends via Bloglovin, read some of The Precious One by Marisa de los Santos, and listened to The Reader by Bernhard Schlink while cleaning.

I’m having a perfectly bookish day.

I embraced the challenge of the hour to find a book with snow, a tree, and a weapon.  I’ve read all three but Lamb is my favorite.  What about you?

IMG_3097

April 25, 2015 - Posted by | Read-a-Thon

1. It sounds like your Readathon is going well. Don’t stress about not doing a ton of reading. I mean, how often is the book blogosphere all together and active like this? Too much fun to pass up. #TeamPopper understands and we’re cheering you on!

Comment by Words for Worms | April 25, 2015 | Reply

• Thanks! It’s only the other book crazies that understand 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 25, 2015 | Reply

2. Irene from Team Mr. Popper here. I hope you’re enjoying the readathon so far. Please remember that it’s all about having fun, so if you feel more like snacking than reading, then go ahead. This event is the perfect excuse for snacking!
    I’m sure you’ll reach your goal. You can do this!

Good luck in my challenge 🙂

Comment by Irene | April 25, 2015 | Reply

• Thanks Irene!!! I needed to buy more snacks 😉

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 25, 2015 | Reply

3. I feel like I haven’t done enough reading too but I’m not going to stress it too much, there are plenty of hours left yet 😉

Comment by Sarahmia | April 25, 2015 | Reply

4. Ha! I almost used Lamb too for the Treasure hunt, that book cracked me up. You are doing great! #TeamMrPopper

Comment by CaroG | April 25, 2015 | Reply

5. I haven’t read any of these, but good choices for the treasure hunt. Lamb looks intriguing – I’ll keep an eye out for it.

Comment by Tami @ Just One More Thing . . . | April 25, 2015 | Reply