Mailbox Monday, Gage, and Football

mmb-300x282Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week.Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Only one book arrived on our mailbox this week and it was addressed to Gage and he thought that was very cool.  It came from Kathy (BermudaOnion) and it’s a sequel to the book she sent him last year that he loved (post here).  As soon as we opened it and saw that it was Lola he had to find the first Lola book immediately.  And then we sat down to read them both.    Gage is great at the doctor, at least until last week when he had to have his blood drawn and the woman just stabbed him and he screamed at the top of his lungs for about 10 minutes and then periodic outbursts of crying for an hour.  Not good.  So this book, which talks about Lola being nervous about needles and how they hurt, came at a great time.  Thank you, Kathy!

Lola Goes to the DoctorLola Goes to the Doctor by Marcia Goldman

lolalola2lola3Gage says “Read this book!”

Kathy is a Virginia Tech mom and I’m an Ohio State grad and we both love our college football.  On Saturday night her Hokies came to Ohio Stadium and whooped us.  Luckily, Jason and I were attending an annual Murder by the Falls fundraiser with some friends  and I only got home in time to witness our last failed attempt to score that resulted in an interception and touchdown for the other guys.  Congratulations to Kathy and her Hokies! It’s going to be a long season for Buckeye fans.

September 8, 2014 - Posted by | Mailbox Monday

1. I’m so glad the book came at the right time for Gage and I love the photos of him looking at it. I don’t think it’s possible for him to be any cuter.

Saturday night was great for us, but I feel your pain – we’ve been there before.

Comment by BermudaOnion | September 8, 2014 | Reply

• Thank you so much for the book. This was the first time that he got excited by a piece of mail with his name on it and he was super excited that it was Lola!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2014 | Reply

2. How cute is this! My daughter loves books with photos and art and pictures.

Comment by sagustocox | September 8, 2014 | Reply

• Lola has two books (I actually like Lola Goesto Work best) and she is adorable.

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2014 | Reply

3. Our Badgers had a rather embarrassing loss over a week ago. Hope that’s the worst of the season!
    The book looks adorable as does Gage 🙂

Comment by Mary | September 8, 2014 | Reply

• The Big 10 did not have a good football weekend 😦

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2014 | Reply

4. What cute photos of him reading the book, which by the way, is something my kids would’ve loved when younger. What a nice surprise, and nice of Kathy!

Comment by My Home of Books (@duffygal777) | September 8, 2014 | Reply

5. I bet he loved that it was addressed to him. He’s adorable.

Comment by Carol | September 8, 2014 | Reply

• This might be the first time that he “got” it and was excited. I thought he got it before but I never got the excitement that I got this time!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2014 | Reply

6. That Kathy, she has a heart of gold. That was a perfectly timed gift! My daughter got her blood drawn for the first time maybe when she was around 11 or 12, and it was awful. Very traumatic, as all things tend to be with the princess. You just wish you could do it for them. And football? Uh, did you see Purdue play this weekend? Shameful.

Comment by sandynawrot | September 8, 2014 | Reply

• Gage has had blood drawn before and he’s never had a problem. The woman seemed nervous about doing one so young and didn’t take enough time to do it right (IMO). As for football, the Big 10 is going to have a rough year.

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2014 | Reply

7. Gage looks like he’s loving that book. How nice of Kathy to send it his way!

Comment by lakesidemusing | September 8, 2014 | Reply

8. How exciting! I love his enthusiasm for those books. I’m so sorry for him about the blood test though–and you. How awful. Mouse isn’t a fan of blood tests either. Me either, if I’m honest.

Comment by Literary Feline | September 8, 2014 | Reply

• No one likes needles, but man this time you could hear him all throughout the 4 story building!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2014 | Reply

9. I can’t believe how big Gage has gotten. I’m slowly peeking into my blog here and there and I decided to check out some of the blogs I was following. And I didn’t know you were an Ohio State Grad too!

Comment by readinginthemountains | September 8, 2014 | Reply

• Welcome back! I didn’t realize you were an OSU alum. Us Bucks have to stick together 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2014 | Reply

10. How sweet of Kathy.

ENJOY the book.

Giveaway going on at my blog until Thursday for Accidents of Marriage if anyone wants to stop by.

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

Comment by Elizabeth (Silver's Reviews) | September 9, 2014 | Reply

• I do want to read that one. Be right over 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2014 | Reply

11. How awesome. Kathy is terrific, isn’t she?
    2 Kids and Tired Books MM

Comment by Holly (2 Kids and Tired) | September 10, 2014 | Reply

12. Lucky Gage! How fun to get a book in the mail.

Comment by kelley jensen | September 15, 2014 | Reply