Monday Mailbox – July 21

mmb-300x282Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week.Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Nothing came in the mailbox this week but I did pick up these two books for $3 at Half-Price Books 🙂  What a steal!

IMG_7384

I Am Not a Serial Killer by Dan Wells

John Wayne Cleaver is dangerous, and he knows it. He’s spent his life doing his best not to live up to his potential. He’s obsessed with serial killers, but really doesn’t want to become one. So for his own sake, and the safety of those around him, he lives by rigid rules he’s written for himself, practicing normal life as if it were a private religion that could save him from damnation. Dead bodies are normal to John. He likes them, actually. They don’t demand or expect the empathy he’s unable to offer. Perhaps that’s what gives him the objectivity to recognize that there’s something different about the body the police have just found behind the Wash-n-Dry Laundromat—and to appreciate what that difference means. Now, for the first time, John has to confront a danger outside himself, a threat he can’t control, a menace to everything and everyone he would love, if only he could. Dan Wells’s debut novel is the first volume of a trilogy that will keep you awake and then haunt your dreams.

An Affair Before Christmas by Eloisa James

One spectacular Christmas, Lady Perdita Selby, known to her friends and family as Poppy, met the man she thought she would love forever. The devilishly attractive Duke of Fletcher was the perfect match for the innocent, breathtakingly beautiful young Englishwoman, and theirs was the most romantic wedding she had ever seen. Four years later, Poppy and the duke have become the toast of the ton… but behind closed doors the spark of their love affair has burned out.

Unwilling to lose the woman he still lusts after, the duke is determined to win back his beguiling bride’s delectable affections…and surpass the heady days of first love with a truly sinful seduction.

Have you read either of these? Did anything fun arrive in your mailbox this week?

July 21, 2014 - Posted by | Mailbox Monday

1. The Eloisa James book sounds interesting

Comment by Mystica | July 21, 2014 | Reply

2. Hi Stacy! Haven’t read either of these, but I did receive goodies in my mailbox this past week! I got “Creative is a Verb” by Patti Digh and Jan Karon’s “Mitford Cookbook and Kitchen Reader”. I haven’t checked out the cookbook yet, but I read a few of the Mitford series years ago and just picked them back up again. The cookbook has recipes from the characters in her books.

“Creative…” is fabulous! It’s about finding the creative spirit that lies within all of us and incorporating that creativity into our everyday activities. It’s not a “how to become an artist”. To loosely quote Patti, it’s about reclaiming that spark of creativity that we all posses as children, but somehow squash or get squashed down by others as we get older. Patti Digh’s writing style is wonderful. Reading her book feels like having a friend over for coffee!

Comment by forestsprite | July 21, 2014 | Reply

3. They both look like fun books! I got a free e-book to review 🙂 And my friend has asked me to read through a rough draft of her first novel! So I did get some lovely things via e-mail!

Comment by Heather | July 21, 2014 | Reply

4. I’ve been meaning to read an Eloisa James book for a long time – hope it’s a good one!

Comment by Mary | July 21, 2014 | Reply

5. Love the look of both of those (different as they are). I must read Eloisa James, been reading good things lately.

Comment by samstillreading | July 21, 2014 | Reply

6. Contrasting themes for sure LOL — enjoy

Comment by diane | July 21, 2014 | Reply

7. I wish we had a Half Price Books! Well, let maybe I don’t. Either way, I hope you love your new books!

Comment by BermudaOnion | July 21, 2014 | Reply

8. I Am Not A Serial Killer should be nice and scary. 🙂

ENJOY!!

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

Comment by Elizabeth P. (Silver's Reviews) | July 21, 2014 | Reply

9. Both titles are new to me. Happy reading, Stacy!

Comment by Beth Hoffman | July 21, 2014 | Reply

10. Love the title, I’m not a Serial Killer…makes me inclined to think the person is a serial killer

Comment by sagustocox | July 21, 2014 | Reply

11. My sis, the romance reader, would love An Affair Before Christmas! Enjoy the books!
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

Comment by harvee | July 21, 2014 | Reply

12. I love Half Price Books. Enjoy!

Comment by Carol | July 21, 2014 | Reply

13. I love to listen to Eloisa James’ books, the performer is awesome!

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | July 21, 2014 | Reply

14. I’m not familiar with these. Enjoy!

2 Kids and Tired Books MM

Comment by Holly (2 Kids and Tired) | July 21, 2014 | Reply

15. The Wells book sounds like a good one!!

Comment by Vicki | July 22, 2014 | Reply

16. I have been curious about I AM NOT A SERIAL KILLER. Sounds like it will be interesting! Enjoy.

Comment by Literary Feline | July 22, 2014 | Reply

17. I’m interested in I’m Not a Serial Killer, too. Isn’t that the first in a series?

Comment by Thoughts of Joy | July 23, 2014 | Reply