It’s as American as apple pie QUIZ! – guessing closed

quizReady for another round of quizzes?  I haven’t got as many in the draft folder as I’d like, but I’m excited to start again!  I do have a favor to ask. I know many of you like the quizzes (it’s always one of the things that get mentioned  first in an email) but my number of participants has gone down.  If you like them but don’t want to take part could you please spread the word so your friends might join in too?  Thanks so much for humoring my quizmaking ways 🙂

Okay, let’s get started!  An American themed quiz.

Take your best guesses, be entered to win a prize.  No cheating (using the web to help find answers) or copying.  You have til Sunday to enter.  All extra details can be found here.

Leave your guesses in the comment section.

1. Who is the best selling American author of all-time? both would be acceptable because I think several places still have Robbins listed, but it is save to say that the winner is Danielle Steel with over 120 books totalling anywhere from $500-800 million in sales.

A.Stephen King

B. Danielle Steel

C. Nora Roberts

D. Harold Robbins

2. The Hornet’s Nest, a novel of the Revolutionary War, was written by which U.S. President?  Jimmy Carter

3. Who is the last American author to win the Nobel Prize in Literature?  Toni Morrison, 1993 for Beloved

Give me these titles…

flag quiz

4.Jamie’s America (Jamie Oliver)  5.American By Choice (Craig Ferguson)  6.The Execution (Dick Wolf)  7.The Traitor’s Wife (Allison Pataki  8.America (Daily Show)  9.Ragtime (EL Doctorow)  10. North and South (John Jakes)

Happy Guessing!

July 15, 2014 - Posted by | Quizzes

1. 1. Is definitely Danielle Steele. 2. Is Carter, but I am totally stumped on question #3/

Comment by Beth Hoffman | July 15, 2014 | Reply

• Well, it has been awhile since an American has won, so you get a pass on #3 😉 20 points!

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 21, 2014 | Reply

2. Yikes, I won’t do well on this one.

1 – Danielle Steele
    2 – Jimmy Carter – not sure why I know this one
    5 – American on Purpose
    8 – America: The Book

Comment by BermudaOnion | July 15, 2014 | Reply

• I knew all about Carter’s non-fiction works so I was surprised to find that he’d also tried his hand at fiction 40 points!

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 21, 2014 | Reply

3. Six guessees so far!

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 15, 2014 | Reply

4. Added a link to your quiz on my Tuesday post.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | July 15, 2014 | Reply

5. 1. Nora Roberts
    2. John Adams
    3. no idea
    4. Naked Chef in America- Jaime Oliver
    8. America- John Stewart
    10. North and South- John Jakes

note: I might have done miserably, but I was honest and didn’t google any of it 🙂

Comment by Duffy Gal | July 15, 2014 | Reply

• Thanks for not googling – it’s terribly tempting, I know! Thanks for playing 🙂 25 points!

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 21, 2014 | Reply

7. The Traitor’s Wife by Allison Pataki
    8. America by Jon Stewart
    9. Ragtime by EL Doctorow
    10. North and South by John Jakes

Comment by Word Lily | July 15, 2014 | Reply

9. Wonderful quiz!
    1. Harold Robbins – my friend and I snuck his books from her sister’s room and read them in secret when we were in middle school
    2. Jimmy Carter
    3. ?
    4. Jamie’s America by Jamie Oliver
    5. American On Purpose by Craig Ferguson
    6. The Execution by Dick Wolf (want to read this series)
    7. The Traitor’s Wife by Allison Pataki (just brought this book home from library)
    8. America: The Book by John Stewart
    9. Ragtime by E.L. Doctorow- read this when it first came out, wonder if I would still like it
    10. North and South by John Jakes (loved this series!)
    Not sure if this posted before I lost connection.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | July 16, 2014 | Reply

10. I need to read North and South, everyone seems to love it. 90 points!

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 21, 2014 | Reply

11. […] Answers to last weeks American quiz here. […]

Pingback by A Scrambled James Garner Quiz « Stacy's Books | July 22, 2014 | Reply