Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-Thon Wrap Up Post

deweys-readathonbuttonAnother Read-a-Thon is in the books!

I’m always amazed at how many people enjoy my mini-challenges and am thankful.  It makes me want to be even more creative next time.  This year 79 people stopped by and left comments – holy smokes!

Thank you to the fearless leaders who make this event the very best twice a year, Heather and Andi!!!   You guys rock!  Ieven won a prize this year, woo hoo 🙂

End of Event Meme:

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?  Hour 22, so at 5:30 am I called it a day.  I read for 21.5 hours.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? LOVED The Storied Life of A.J Fikry.  GReat for book lovers, easy to read and not long.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?  I’ll leave that to better minds than me.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?  Everything workd great from my end.
  5. How many books did you read?  2 halves and 3 full books.
  6. What were the names of the books you read?  The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley, The Storied Life of AJ Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin, Traveling Light for Mothers by Max Lucado, Paper Towns by John Green, and half of The Cliff House Strangler by Shirley Tallman.
  7. Which book did you enjoy most?  I loved all my books this time around, but probably The Firebird and The Storied Life were my faves.
  8. Which did you enjoy least?  Liked them all 🙂
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?  Another fun read-a-thon.  I tried a more relaxed approach this time around, welcoming interruptions from my three-year old and not obsessing over how much I got read.  I wanted to make it the whole 24 hours, but to be honest, I didn’t want to ruin THIS day with my son too by being too grouchy 🙂  I’ll be back.

April 27, 2014 - Posted by | Read-a-Thon

1. This is probably something I would tackle if I’d been more aware of it. Maybe next year! I would certainly not have a problem coming up with reading material…

Comment by Tony Laplume | April 27, 2014 | Reply

2. Sounds like you had a great readathon, Stacy! Hope I can join in for the October edition 🙂

Comment by lakesidemusing | April 27, 2014 | Reply

3. I was busy all weekend so wasn’t able to stop ny, but wanted to say congrats on the great job — great focus Stacy.

Comment by diane | April 27, 2014 | Reply

4. Congrats, Stacy! You did it again! Looking forward to reading your selections. You are an inspiration.

Comment by Gage's grandma | April 27, 2014 | Reply

5. Yay for you! I bet you took a long nap today. Loved your stack of books, makes me feel better about mine! I don’t know if I have the courage to put them all in one place! LOL

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | April 27, 2014 | Reply

6. Congratulations on participating! You are AWESOME!!

Comment by boardinginmyforties | April 28, 2014 | Reply

7. Wow! You hung in there for practically forever, Stacy! Great job.

Comment by Literary Feline | April 28, 2014 | Reply

8. Wow, you did great! I haven’t done the readathon in forever because I always seem to be busy those days. I’m so bad at them, though. I’m easily distracted, and out of 2 or 3 readathons, I think I only ever finished 1.5 books total, LOL. Glad to see you loved The Storied Life, since that’s on my shelf.

Comment by Anna (Diary of an Eccentric) | April 29, 2014 | Reply