Read-a-Thon midway point survey

deweys-readathonbutton12 Hours in!

Mid-Event Survey
1. What are you reading right now? The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry
2. How many books have you read so far? This is my third
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?  More reading, a walk, maybe taking 2 hours to watch the film of Beloved to rest my eyes a bit.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?  Hubby and my mom are here entertaining the little man.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?  Lots of little interruptions. Just took 15 minutes to put Gage to bed.  It’s all good 🙂
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?  I’m not reading very fast!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?  Not yet 🙂
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Too early to tell.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Not quite yet, but I did have half a glass of wine with dinner 🙂
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?  Read good books!

April 26, 2014 - Posted by | Read-a-Thon

1. Reading good books definitely helps. I like to have a big stack to pick from. You’re rocking along…hope the rest of the readathon is just as good for you!

Dana
    Team Hughes

Comment by Dana (Little Lovely Books) | April 26, 2014 | Reply

• Thanks! I’m starting a mystery now. Hopefully it’ll keep me excited!

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 26, 2014 | Reply

2. You are doing great. My day got totally interrupted, but did manage to finish a book and begin another one. Read on!

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | April 26, 2014 | Reply

• Your whole year is a read-a-thon, Nise, based on how many books you read, LOL 😉

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 26, 2014 | Reply

3. Hi Stacy! Glad that you are enjoying your day. It was a family affair here as well, so I didn’t get quite as much done but it has been so much fun. Happy Reading!

Comment by Nicole | April 26, 2014 | Reply

• I have definitely taken a more relaxed appraich this time around and I’ve enjoyed it that much more.

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 26, 2014 | Reply

4. You are a braver woman than I to attempt the readathon! I took some time to cheer lead a little for team rogue and, oh my gosh, was that hard. Mouse was right there, wanting to sit on my lap, or, when she wasn’t, wanting something. My husband wasn’t much help. LOL

It sounds like you are doing very well though, Stacy! Keep up the good work!

Comment by Literary Feline | April 26, 2014 | Reply

• I’ve done cheering in th e past and it can be hard!! But it is always much appreciated 🙂 I made a choice to put down the book whenever Gage came into the room looking for me, so I’ve been realxed about that part of it, but except for the 15 minutes to fix him lunch and put him to bed he’s been easily entertained by dad and grandma 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 26, 2014 | Reply

5. Hi there! I’m cheering you on with #TeamHughes. Hope you are having fun and still feel motivated. You’ve made it this far and you’re doing great. How did you like A.J. Fikry? I read it recently and loved it.

Comment by ebookclassics | April 26, 2014 | Reply

• LOVED AK Fikry! Highlight of the readathon so far 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 26, 2014 | Reply

6. You’ve made it this far! Great job 🙂 Happy reading and enjoy the rest of Readathon! #TeamHughes

Comment by Elizabeth | April 26, 2014 | Reply

7. This is the first time I am getting to this blog and It gets me thinking that how do you guys find time to read these books. Can you please help me! 🙂

Comment by Sam Daniel | May 6, 2014 | Reply