V is for Viggo Verdon’s Violet Vendetta

Blogging from A to Z

actorViggo Mortenson

The man has charisma.  And acting chops.  And good looks.  And he doesn’t choose boring parts. Before Lord Of the Rings he was in another favorite movie of mine, A Walk on the Moon

I love all three leads in this movie.  And then came Lord of the Rings and it was all over for me.  I swooned.  His roles in the grim A History of Violence and Eastern Promises were outstanding too.

bookViolets of March by Sarah Jio

Emily, author of one bestselling novel years ago, has just signed her divorce papers.  Not able to write and not sure what to do about it her best friend convinces her that a change of scenery will help, so Emily contacts her Aunt Bee on Bainbridge Island, Washington.  Once she’s back on the island where she spent the wonderful summers of her youth, she finds a hidden journal written by the mysterious Esther, and Emily wonders if she is somehow connected to her family.  Totally immersed in Esther’s story and frustrated by her aunt’s refusal to talk about family secrets, Emily found the perfect way to forget about her divorce and the muse to start writing again.

The story in the journal parallels current day Bainbridge Island and as Emily pieced together who was who I tried to keep up.  I admit I had some ideas, but did get a bit confused by the large cast.  I didn’t really care though, I was just happy to be along for the ride.  One of these days I hope I find my way to Bainbridge Island.  The place felt magical.

I loved this book.  The writing was beautiful, there was such depth and beauty on every page.  The awesome writing coupled with the two addicting storylines make this one easy to recommend.

authorJohn Verdon

I’ve read all three of his Dave Gurney thrillers and loved them all. (Think of a Number, Shut Your Eyes Tight, Let the Devil Sleep)  His next one comes out in July so there’s still time to jump on the bandwagon!

movieV is For Vendetta, 2005

Dystopia, anarchy, and creepy masks…what more could you want?

April 25, 2014 - Posted by | Blogging from A-Z

1. Love,love,love Viggo!

Comment by boardinginmyfortiesKathleen | April 25, 2014 | Reply

2. I’ve never heard of A Walk on the Moon but I watched the trailer and now I want to. It looks terrific!

Comment by BermudaOnion | April 25, 2014 | Reply

3. Thanks for sharing the intro for The Walk on The Moon. This looks like a great movie. I’m going to add it to my Netflix list.

Comment by Pat @ Posting For Now | April 25, 2014 | Reply

4. I read John Verdon’s Think of a Number, and liked it. I even bought the 2nd one, and never read it. At this point, I fear I won’t go back to it.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | April 25, 2014 | Reply

5. Favorite Viggo would be 28 Days.

Comment by Tony Laplume | April 25, 2014 | Reply

6. Definitely agree with you on Viggo, he’s a brilliant actor and good to look at.

I like him in 28 Days and A Perfect Murder.

Comment by clicksclan | April 27, 2014 | Reply

7. Viggo Mortenson is awesome. He makes me swoon too in Lord of the Rings. I really must read Sarah Jio’s books. She’s on my must read author list.

I didn’t know Dave Gurney had another book coming out! I’ll have to watch for it. I liked his other books.

Comment by Literary Feline | April 28, 2014 | Reply

8. Viggo is so good. I loved him as Aragon. V for Vendetta. What a mind trip!

Comment by Heather | May 1, 2014 | Reply