Weekends with Gage at the Farm

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Melinda of West Metro Mommy.  It’s easy to participate – just post a picture that was taken by you, a friend, or a family member and add your link on Melinda’s site.

Last week I took Gage to the farm.

gagefarm1The stroller lasted about 20 minutes.

gagefarm3He got to pet a pony.  And got sneezed on by same pony.  The girl said, “It’s all right.”  Um, no not really.  We both had horse residue on ourselves til we got home.

gagefarm2He also touched the big cow.  Progress.  On our first trip he was too scared to get close.

gagefarm4Riding the tractor around was a big hit.

gagefarm5He studied up on windmills and solar power.

gagefarm6He pushed big tomatoes around.  He doesn’t like to brag but he’ll tell you, “I’m strong.”

gagefarm7By far his favorite was the big train near the entrance.  We had to make several trips back to watch it during our visit.  It is a cool train.

gagefarm8We had lots more fun, but no amount could be enough.  I broke the news that we were leaving when he was driving the tractor.  After 10 more minutes of playing we actually left 🙂

Lake Farm Park is very kid friendly and much more accessible and relaxed than the zoo.

August 3, 2013 - Posted by | Gage |

1. Too bad he was crying. It sure does look like you had a great time.

Very nice photos.

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews

Comment by Elizabeth | August 3, 2013 | Reply

2. My folks loved Lake Farm Park. If I’m ever up that way when I’m not on tour, I need to go!

Comment by Beth Hoffman | August 3, 2013 | Reply

3. I’m glad he enjoyed it – these places can be surpisingly scary for very small children. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/LAe6cu

Comment by Christine Harding | August 3, 2013 | Reply

4. Love the big tomato! Looks like a great place for kids.

Comment by Peggy@Peggy Ann's Post | August 3, 2013 | Reply

5. What cute photos. Looks like a really fantastic day out.

Comment by Ginny | August 3, 2013 | Reply

6. Those are great pictures. He is much more comfortable around the animals than during his first visit. That last photo is very sad:(

Comment by Gage's grandma | August 3, 2013 | Reply

7. Perfect times are always hard to leave.

Comment by irene | August 3, 2013 | Reply

8. What a lovely day. Those giant tomatoes are great!

Comment by Louise | August 3, 2013 | Reply

9. Aw, it’s hard to leave that much fun behind!

Comment by bermudaonion (Kathy) | August 3, 2013 | Reply

10. It does look like a neat place. Sorry to hear about the horse residue… yikes!

Comment by http://greglhill.blogspot.com/ | August 3, 2013 | Reply

11. This looks like such a great place for kids… love those big tomatoes!!

Comment by lakesidemusing | August 4, 2013 | Reply

12. What great memories you made that day!

Comment by Sharon Chance | August 4, 2013 | Reply

13. I had to laugh at the horse residue. My daughter and I just came home from the animal shelter covered in cat residue (one even sneezed and splattered my glasses). Farm visits are awesome for kids, even if it DOES have to end eventually!

Comment by sandynawrot | August 4, 2013 | Reply

14. Gage looks like he is having so much fun. No wonder he did not want to leave.

Have a great week Stacy.

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | August 4, 2013 | Reply

15. Sounds like so much fun!

Comment by Carol | August 4, 2013 | Reply

16. What fun! I love the farm feel and glad Gage had a great time. Gabe always hates leaving; I usually have to bribe with a sucker 😉 Such a great mom!

Comment by hmsgofita | August 4, 2013 | Reply

17. Looks fun! wish we had a hobby type farm that we could take kids to here locally. Glad Gage had such a good time.

Comment by caspette | August 5, 2013 | Reply

18. Trains! It’s all about trains!

Comment by snoozing on the sofa | August 5, 2013 | Reply

19. What fun! It looks like Gage had a great time.

My husband never wants to take the stroller in when we go to the zoo or some such park. I usually give in and we skip it–and then regret it. The few times we’ve taken the stroller, like with Gage, Mouse ends up not wanting to ride in it. We can’t win! Haha!

Comment by Literary Feline | August 7, 2013 | Reply

• We skip the stroller when we’re together, but when I take him by myself I still need a way to get him out of there without kicking and screaming 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | August 7, 2013 | Reply

20. How fun!! It looks like you all had a great day! Gage is such a cutie and getting so big. And very, VERY strong! (obviously) Sometimes I miss trips like that with my kids but now I get to do it with the grandkids. I definitely don’t miss the tears (mine and theirs) and fights. It’s all worth it though and you and Gage will always treasure it. 🙂

Comment by Wrighty | August 10, 2013 | Reply