Paris in July – Tennis anyone?

France 261Here we are at the French Open in 2010, the clay courts are cool, right?  The line was long to get in and then I didn’t have proper ID so we had to wait some more, but we had a great day, even if we spent too much time baking in the sun.  It was fun to get up close and personal at the smaller courts and in the earlier rounds that meant we saw some great matches. Another great day in Paris with friends.  (I look like I have an elf ear, right?)

I post this today in honor of Andy Murray’s Wimbledon win yesterday!  The first British man to win since 1936.  I was so happy for him and loved his emotion after winning the title.  We’re tennis fans here (Jason more than me since he’s actually a good player) and we’ve been to two of the four big tournaments, next up, Wimbledon!

(courtesy of Birdbath)

July 8, 2013 - Posted by | France, Photos

1. I never made it to the French Open but I bet that was a blast!

Comment by BermudaOnion | July 8, 2013 | Reply

2. Cool! Love looking at your pictures. Must be fun going through them also 🙂

Comment by jennygirl | July 8, 2013 | Reply

3. I would love to be at one of those big tennis matches!

Comment by Jo-Jo | July 8, 2013 | Reply

4. So jealous of your trip to the French Open. The closest I ever got was ordering a Roland Garros shirt for my brother’s birthday. Funny that the French don’t call it the French Open. They just call it Roland Garros. I have a weekly French meme throughout the year on Mondays if you ever want to join in. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

Comment by Paulita | July 8, 2013 | Reply

5. What a cute picture. Your Paris posts have been fun to follow!

Comment by Gage's Grandma | July 9, 2013 | Reply

6. How fun that day must have been Stacy.

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | July 9, 2013 | Reply

7. I’m so jealous! Can you pack me in your suitcase when you do head off to Wimbledon?! I was really excited for Murray. That was a great win.

Comment by Jennifer | Book Den | July 10, 2013 | Reply

8. That would’ve been cool to see the French Open!

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | July 14, 2013 | Reply

9. Wonderful day for you.

Comment by Anne | July 15, 2013 | Reply

10. I think I’m finally starting to understand tennis. Just barely.

Comment by Word Lily | July 15, 2013 | Reply