Weekends with Gage – Lola Goes to Work and Gage hits the hot tub

lolagoestoworkWe took a trip to Michigan this week to visit Jason’s family.  After visiting the Livonia and Flint areas we’re back home getting into our routine.

Jason’s dad has a big pool but Gage kept wanting to go in the little pool, aka  the hot tub, so I let him sit on the top step when nothing else would do.  I brought a few books to Michigan, Lola Goes to Work, is his new favorite, so it was awarded hot tub status.  Kathy wrote a great review of this one and then sent it on to Gage.  I wasn’t sure he’d like it since he doesn’t have any favorite books with photos, but from our first reading, Lola has been a hit.  He likes to finish reading each page for you, but I should mention that Gage’s  ‘Lola’ sounds suspiciously like ‘Lellow’, but no matter, it only makes her cuter.

Lola is a five-pound Yorkshire Terrier who wanted a big job so she worked very hard to become a therapy dog.  I wish I had taken a picture of the page I stress to Gage, “I learned to sit and stay, to lie down and wait patiently.”  Lola eventually passes her test and becomes  a therapy for the elderly and classrooms.

This is a sweet book that all ages can enjoy.  It was written and photographed by Lola’s mom, Marcia Goldman.  It’s 32 pages and even has a page at the end for teachers so they can better use the book in the classroom. Visit Lola’s website for some cute photos.

(courtesy of Birdbath) I know Lola’s not French, but I think she could pass with that sassy red scarf, don’t you?

France 102A friend we found at Versailles (you’ll probably have to click on it to see).  A few days later Jason and our friends would be dining on his family and friends.  I don’t understand how that is possible after meeting the little guy.

July 7, 2013 - Posted by | France, Gage, Kids Books |

1. Looks like Gage had a lot of fun! and the book sounds really sweet! =)

Comment by Melissa | July 7, 2013 | Reply

2. OMG, it’s been too long… Gage has gotten big. So cute. He looks like he really liked the book!

Comment by BQ | July 7, 2013 | Reply

• It has been too long!! Glad you’re still around 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 7, 2013 | Reply

3. I love the expression on Gage’s face as he looks at the book. So cute!

Comment by Beth Hoffman | July 7, 2013 | Reply

4. Oh man, you were close to me! I would have put on my suit and joined you in the hot tub! LOL.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | July 7, 2013 | Reply

• It was a quick trip and I would have been labeled the rudest woman in the family (if I’m not already, LOL) if I had made other plans. I didn’t even make time to see a good girlfriend who I haven’t seen since the birth of our kids (about 4 years!) Next trip we’ll make more time.

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 7, 2013 | Reply

5. I’m so glad Gage loves Lola! I think the book is wonderful!

Comment by BermudaOnion | July 7, 2013 | Reply

• He totally loves Lola. We read it several times a day. Thank you so much!!!

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 7, 2013 | Reply

6. Not read this one, but I’ve enjoyed your photos of Paris – it’s such a wonderful city. My Paris in July post is http://goo.gl/BjpB9

Comment by Christine Harding | July 8, 2013 | Reply

7. It looks like you did something to make that pic look old fashioned? And also, that Gage – how could a kid be any cuter? :–)

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | July 8, 2013 | Reply

• Good eye! I used Picmonkey for the pic – I don’t remember which one, but it was free 🙂 I think he’s pretty cute when he’s napping, LOL!

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 8, 2013 | Reply

8. It’s Daddy and Me time! How sweet…I was wondering who Lola was form just the title in my inbox 🙂

Comment by jennygirl | July 8, 2013 | Reply

9. Awww, hot tub, Lola, and daddy time! So cute!

Comment by Heather | July 8, 2013 | Reply

10. Gage is very determined isn’t he!!??!! Love it and that books sounds adorable!

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | July 14, 2013 | Reply

11. this is so special and lovely.

Comment by Anne | July 15, 2013 | Reply

12. […] from Kathy (BermudaOnion) and it’s a sequel to the book she sent him last year that he loved (post here).  As soon as we opened it and saw that it was Lola he had to find the first Lola book […]

Pingback by Mailbox Monday, Gage, and FootballLola « Stacy's Books | September 8, 2014 | Reply