French Actors Quiz – guessing closed

I’m going to leave up last week’s quiz for another week if you’d like to try your hand at Eiffel Tower book covers.  Eiffel Tower Quiz

I’m no expert on French actors and actresses, but when I started looking I was surprised at how many I knew.  Can you tell me the names of these talented thespians?  And you’ll get extra points if you name one movie they were in.

PLEASE join in the fun.  You can guess as few or as many as you want and you entered to win a prize at the end of the month.  No Googling please 🙂

1.   2.  3.  4.  5.  6.  7.  8.   9.  10.

1.Brigitte Bardot  2.Gerard Depardieu  3.Juliette Binoche  4.Olivier Martinez  5.Marion Cotillard  6.Jean Reno  7.Catherine Deneave  8.Vincent Cassel  9.Leslie Caron  10.Marcel Marceau

(courtesy of Bookbath)

Pere Lachaise from above. In 2007 #10 was buried in this cemetery.

France 137

July 9, 2013 - Posted by | France, Quizzes | ,

1. Well, I stink at this one. I think #1 is Brigitte Bardot and #2 is Gerard something. I recognize #7 but don’t know his name. #10 is Marcel Marceau.

Comment by BermudaOnion | July 9, 2013 | Reply

2. 2. Gerard Depardieu (sp?) Green Card
    3. Juliette Binoche Chocolat
    5. Marion Cotillard Inception
    6. Jean Reno Da Vinci Code

two look familiar but can’t name the rest! Fabulous French quiz, Stacy!

Comment by Heather | July 9, 2013 | Reply

3. FIrst time participating – looking back at an old quiz posts, it seems I should leave my guesses in the comment box. Hope I’m not wrong!

3. Juliette Binoche (Blue, Chocolat)
    5. Marion Cotillard (small part in A Very Long Engagement, La Vie en Rose, Inception)
    8. Mathieu Kassovitz (sp?) (La Haine)

Most of the others I recognize their faces, but can’t bring up the names with certainty.

Comment by Christy | July 9, 2013 | Reply

• 24 points! Thanks for joining in for the first time, Christy. I hope you’ll be back 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 15, 2013 | Reply

4. 3 brave guessers so far. Just leave your answers as a comment 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 9, 2013 | Reply

5. I know a lot of these, I think. But my spelling will not be so hot. 😉

1. Brigitte Bardot
    2. Gerard Depardiu
    3. Juliette Binoche
    4. Olivier Martinez
    5. Marianne Cotillard
    6. Jean Reno
    7. Catherine Deneuve
    8. Vincent Cassel (one of my favorites!)
    9. ???
    10. Marcel Marceau

Woot! I think I got ’em all, but one!

Comment by thetruebookaddict | July 11, 2013 | Reply

6. I’m surprised by how many of these actors I recognize but of course I remember very few names! I will try a few guesses though (don’t laugh).
    1. Bridget Bardot
    2. Gerard Depardeau
    3. Juliet Binoche – Chocolat

Comment by Wrighty | July 14, 2013 | Reply

• 32 points! No laughing allowed at guesses 😉

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 15, 2013 | Reply

7. 1. Brigitte bardot – And God Created Women
    2. Gerard Depardieu – Green Card
    6.Jean Reno – the Professional
    7.Catherine Deneuve – The Umbrellas of Cherbourg
    8.Vincent Cassel – Black Swan
    9. Leslie Caron – Gigi
    10. Marcel Marceau –

Comment by Anne | July 15, 2013 | Reply

8. Oops! I forgot to add the movies on some of them. Hope I’m not too late. I already guessed the names last week.

1. ???
    2. My Father the Hero/The Man with the Iron Mask…and others
    3. Chocolat/The English Patient
    4. Unfaithful/Taking Lives
    5. Public Enemies
    6. The Professional
    7. Belle Epoque/The Hunger
    8. Black Swan/Brotherhood of the Wolf
    9. ???
    10. ???

Comment by thetruebookaddict | July 15, 2013 | Reply

• 14 more points and now you have 104!

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 15, 2013 | Reply

9. This is hard!

1. Brigitte Bardot, in And God Created Woman
    2. I should know this one, but I can’t remember …
    5. Marion Cotillard