Sundays with Gage- Reveling in the The Game

I grew up about 45 minutes from Columbus and have a dad who is a Scarlet & Gray fanatic it is no surprise that I ended up spending 4+ years on campus becoming an OSU alum.  Football is king (although we go through eras of basketball excellence) and The Game, the one against that team up North, is important, like really, really important.  Lots of trash talk and alcohol consumed (at least I’ve heard ;)) for the rivalry.

Our esteemed coach, Jim Tressel, messed up and let the team and university down a few years ago, so he was fired and our Buckeyes can’t play in any bowl games this year.  That made this game their national championship, a win would cap an undefeated season.  The excitement was high and the pressure was on.

Gage had a hard time containing his energy.  Took a nap for the ages and woke up with a minute to go 🙂  We’ll have to work on his game watching abilities next year.  We won 26-21.  Go Bucks!

November 25, 2012 - Posted by | Gage | ,

1. Woo hoo! Congratulations! The Hokies had a rough season this year but they won THE most important game of the year yesterday – they beat Virginia!

Comment by bermudaonion(Kathy) | November 25, 2012 | Reply

2. I am a big Urban fan…and so now I am an OSU fan:) congrats!

Comment by Pinkim (kim wright) | November 25, 2012 | Reply

3. Look at cutie sleepy Gage 🙂

Comment by Jennygirl | November 25, 2012 | Reply

4. I saw at least part of your game yesterday. 🙂

Comment by Word Lily | November 25, 2012 | Reply

5. Those crazy Buckeyes!! Oh well, it was a great game though wasn’t it???

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | November 25, 2012 | Reply

6. So fun! go Bucks!!!!!

Comment by Heather | November 25, 2012 | Reply

7. We are all about Purdue and they played their rival IU this weekend and won the Oaken Bucket which is good. But they still fired our coach! We gave good friends that are big Buckeye fans. We will root for them as long as they aren’t playing Purdue.

Comment by Sandy | November 25, 2012 | Reply

8. So cute! And so into that nap! LOL

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | November 26, 2012 | Reply

9. Haha! How adorable! I confess I do not like football at all and my husband doesn’t follow it, so it’s not a sport my daughter is exposed to very often. She did get a taste of it this Thanksgiving while at the in-laws. I’m hoping to steer her more in the direction of soccer and baseball.

Comment by Literary Feline | November 26, 2012 | Reply

10. I think maybe he had too many beers at the pregame festivities! HA!

Comment by Jenners | November 26, 2012 | Reply

11. What is surprising is that he could actually go to sleep in the same house whhere Grandpa was watching the game!

Comment by Gage's grandma | November 27, 2012 | Reply

12. I really don’t care about OSU football, but that was one game even I was aware of. Glad they won.

Comment by Carol | November 28, 2012 | Reply

13. Awww, what a sweetie! Sleeping children are so precious (and look so innocent)! Enjoy nap time while you can. 🙂

Glad they won and that you all enjoyed it. Hubby and my boys always have a game on, for all seasons, and I usually read while watching bits and pieces. We had this game on too. Exciting season!

Comment by Wrighty | November 28, 2012 | Reply