Halloweening with Gage in November

Because of Sandy our trick or treating wasn’t until tonight.  To say that Gage was not happy before we went is an understatment.  I thought for sure Halloween would be a bust.  The first house was iffy, lots of turning around and saying ‘no’, but after that he warmed to getting candy like a champ.  He said trick and sometimes treat (never together), sometimes asked for more (and sometimes just took it) and said ‘thank you’ very nicely for about half of the houses.  He also knows that candy is something he wants.  Unfortunately, there isn’t any from his bag he can have (I don’t trust him to eat Swedish Fish yet).

Gage rode around in his wagon and hit maybe a dozen houses before calling it a night.  If it hadn’t been 40 degrees I think he would have wanted to go all night.  He loved it.  Halloween success.

Jason’s mom is down visiting so she got to go too (and she can help us eat the candy!).

November 4, 2012 - Posted by | Gage | ,

1. I love the little trick or treaters who aren’t quite sure about what’s going on. Gage is the cutest little pirate ever!

Comment by bermudaonion(Kathy) | November 4, 2012 | Reply

2. Oh my, he is so adorable in that costume. Glad he had a good time in the end. We spent the evening with my hubby’s dad as he was alone and ended up having 150 kids. It was a blast seeing all the costumes.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | November 4, 2012 | Reply

3. Gage is an adorable little pirate!

Comment by Beth Hoffman | November 4, 2012 | Reply

4. Gage is so cute! Sounds like he had a great time!
    My Son is too old to go out trick or treating…but he did go to a fun party!

Comment by my recent favorite books | November 4, 2012 | Reply

5. Such a cute little pirate! Thanks for stopping by my place…I have a feeling next year will be just a little but different…lol…

Comment by pinkim95 | November 4, 2012 | Reply

6. He is adorable! And it does take just a few houses until they “get” it. Candy is a great educator! HAHA! We have trick or treating tomorrow!

Comment by Jenners | November 4, 2012 | Reply

7. The first Trick-or-Treating is always an adventure of itself!! His costume looks adorable! 😀

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | November 4, 2012 | Reply

8. What a terrific pirate:0 I can imagine the fun for all.

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | November 4, 2012 | Reply

9. I love it! Gage is the cutest pirate ever. I can just picture him asking for more:)

Comment by Gage's grandma | November 4, 2012 | Reply

10. He is just too adorable for words!

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | November 5, 2012 | Reply

11. Such a cute pic!

Comment by Mary | November 5, 2012 | Reply

12. That is the cutest little pirate I have ever seen!! Glad your Halloween was fun, even though it was late.

Comment by lakesidemusing | November 5, 2012 | Reply

13. He’s the cutest pirate ever!!!!!

Comment by Heather | November 5, 2012 | Reply

14. what a cutie! ~kaye

Comment by kelley | November 5, 2012 | Reply

15. I love his little pirate outfit!

Comment by Amused By Books (@amusedbybooks) | November 5, 2012 | Reply

16. He makes an adorable pirate!

Comment by softdrink | November 6, 2012 | Reply

17. Sooooo cute!! Gage is a fierce (um, fiercely adorable) pirate! It always took my boys a few houses to warm up to trick or treating too but then they were off and running. It’s nice that you got to play dress up, Gage enjoyed it, and now you get the candy! That’s a mandatory parent perk 🙂

Comment by Wrighty | November 6, 2012 | Reply

18. What a cute pirate! I am so looking forward to this age – they’re soooo adorable! Enjoy his candy, mom 🙂

Comment by Tara | November 6, 2012 | Reply

19. A-hoy there matey! He certainly looks fearsomely adorable 🙂
    Gage will warm up to Halloween as he gets older.

Comment by jennygirl | November 6, 2012 | Reply

20. What a cutie!

Comment by Carol | November 6, 2012 | Reply

21. So cute! The Girl is coming to the end of her trick or treating years, and it’s so sad.

Comment by Anna (Diary of an Eccentric) | November 9, 2012 | Reply

22. Oh gorgeous!

Comment by caspette | November 15, 2012 | Reply

23. He is so adorable in his costume! Mouse had so much fun passing out candy and trick-or-treating. She got to go with her daycare the Friday before Halloween–a few houses in the neighborhood participated in the morning excursion. Then her dad took her around our cul de sac Halloween evening. She went to our next door neighbor’s house three times and didn’t want to come home after. She never said “trick or treat” but she did say “thank you” now. 🙂

Comment by Literary Feline | November 15, 2012 | Reply