My first Conference

I am a full-time mom.  It’s not something that was a dream of mine growing up, but I sort of fell into the job (haha) and it has proven to be every but as challenging as promised.  This is not a post on motherhood, well, entirely anyway.  When you stay home with a baby/toddler for almost 2 years it’s a little scary how a mind starts to lose its sharpness.  I feel about as interesting as a potato sack most days and with that in mind it is no surprise that I am SO EXCITED to be attending Bouchercon Thursday-Sunday.  My parents are coming up to help with Gage and I am taking some time for me.  I told Jason a few nights ago that it was ridiculous how much I was looking forward to it.  I never get this much time to myself and I am giddy with anticipation.  Yes, there will be over 1000 attendees, but I’m going by myself and can be as social or shy as I want.  It is an early birthday present from Jason and my parents 🙂 And Max will be coming to visit too, bonus!

On Thursday and Friday I’ll go into work with Jason and get to see his new place of employment and co-workers and then I’ll walk a couple of blocks to the conference and get to enjoy milling around with the likes of Mary Higgins Clark, Lee Child (!), Elizabeth George, Robin Cook, Charlaine Harris, Chelsea Cain, Michael Connelly, Michael Koryta, Karin Slaughter, Linwood Barclay, Karen Olsen, and the list goes on…On Saturday and Sunday I’ll drive myself downtown and stay all day and TRY not feel guilty about it.

The opening ceremonies are Thursday night at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Jason and I are really looking forward to it (he’s my +1).  I may try updating everyday on Facebook (let me know if you want to be buds), but most likely it will be one or two posts here on the blog over the weekend.  Look for a related giveaway next week on my birthday.

If you want to see how much fun I’ll be having, check this out.  I’m so excited that I don’t even care our furnace quite working yesterday 🙂

October 3, 2012 - Posted by | Uncategorized

1. I’m taking care of a senior dog these days and feel about the same way you do. I hope you have a blast! Be sure to look for Jen of Jen’s Books Thoughts.

Comment by bermudaonion(Kathy) | October 3, 2012 | Reply

2. How exciting! Have a blast and enjoy your ‘me time’. 😀

Comment by Jennifer | Book Den | October 3, 2012 | Reply

3. This sounds beyond fun! Can’t wait to hear your report afterwards!!!

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | October 3, 2012 | Reply

4. I hear you!!! I started blogging because I felt my mind going to mush … as well as my social skills. It is fantastic that you are doing this. Don’t feel one ounce of guilt. You go and have fun and cherish it all!!

Comment by Jenners | October 3, 2012 | Reply

5. Have a wonderful time! I can’t wait to hear all about it and see some pictures of you with my favorite authors ;o)

Comment by Nise' | October 3, 2012 | Reply

6. PS: Maybe you can ask Lee Child if he is happy with the casting of Tom C as Jack Reacher. I am NOT happy. LOL

Comment by Nise' | October 3, 2012 | Reply

7. Enjoy Stacy, you deserve it. Motherhood is tough.

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | October 3, 2012 | Reply

8. Have a great time!

Comment by Carol | October 4, 2012 | Reply

9. Have a fantastic time! I can’t wait to hear all about it 🙂

Comment by notesoflifeuk | October 4, 2012 | Reply

10. Yay! I hear ya about the guilt. I go out for drinks with friends and the guilt comes…sigh. I’m so happy you get to go to this awesome book conference! Have fun and live it up!!!! Can’t wait to hear the details!

Comment by hmsgofita | October 4, 2012 | Reply

11. The lineup of authors is off-the-hook!!! I think you need to put those “guilty” feelings in a bag and throw them away! You will have had so much fun that getting back to real life will make you smile!!!

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | October 6, 2012 | Reply

12. Not a mom but just being home a few days makes me a bit mushy, so I can’t imagine two years! While it’s great that you can do it, I can totally see where you’re coming from, and there’s nothing wrong with that. What a great conference too! Didn’t realize it was all the best crime/mystery writers.

Happy Birthday week and looking forward to your recap posts 🙂
    {{hugs}}

Comment by jennygirl | October 7, 2012 | Reply

13. WOW! Sounds incredible! Glad you had a great time.

Comment by Care | October 9, 2012 | Reply