Sundays with Gage- Parents Night Out

This weekend my parents came and stayed with Gage while Jason and I snuck away for a night.  We didn’t go very far, but we had a free hotel stay and a night out planned.  I made a check on my bucket list.  We attended a local theater’s yearly fundraiser, Murder  by the Falls.  Let me tell you how fun it was.  It started with drinks and appetizers, we then went into the theater for Act 1 (surprise, surprise someone got murdered).  They then sent us out into the streets to find clues.  There were four clues in storefronts (we found them all) and there were four actors around the village that were available for questioning, but you had to figure out who they were.  We then met at town hall, grabbed some dessert and found our table with six other ‘detectives’.  We all had to come up with one answer and our team did pretty well even if we didn’t win.  We knew the who and the how, but missed most of the why.  The village is a popular place on the weekends and we had more than one person ask us what was going on since there were several hundred ‘detective’ combing the streeets.

The play.

Offering clues on the street.

Aha!  I think I have it! (Otherwise known as the goofiest picture I’ve taken in awhile so I had to add it)

It was a fun night and we can’t wait to put on our detective badges again next year.  Since this is supposed to be about Gage, here’s how he felt about us leaving for the night.  He’s a cool kid 🙂

September 9, 2012 - Posted by | Uncategorized

1. Sounds like a fun evening! I have a feeling your parents are infinitely more fun for Gage than you are!

Comment by bermudaonion(Kathy) | September 9, 2012 | Reply

2. Sounds like a wonderful and fun evening! =)
    Its always fun to “get away” for a night – and Im sure that your Parents and Gage had a wonderful time!

Comment by my recent favorite books | September 9, 2012 | Reply

3. This is something I would love to do! Glad you had a fun night out 🙂

Comment by Thoughts of Joy | September 9, 2012 | Reply

4. Sounds like a blast! I’d love to do something like that!!! And Gage looks like he had a blast too! Yay for Parent’s Night Out!

Comment by Jenners | September 9, 2012 | Reply

• I recommend it for anyone who loves mysteries.

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 21, 2012 | Reply

5. That is something I would love to do! Gage knows he is gonna have fun while you are out!

😀

Comment by gautami tripathy | September 9, 2012 | Reply

6. That picture of you? OMG you look EXACTLY like Gage! How totally cute!!!

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | September 9, 2012 | Reply

• I’m glad I take after my kid 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 21, 2012 | Reply

7. Looks like everyone had fun.

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | September 9, 2012 | Reply

8. That sounds like so much fun!

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | September 9, 2012 | Reply

9. What a fun event – and you got to check something off your bucket list makes it even more fun!

Comment by Mary | September 10, 2012 | Reply

• I know! There are some fairly ambitious things on my bucket list so I need to get some of the easier ones checked off!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 21, 2012 | Reply

10. How awesome that you and Jason got some ‘couple’ time…and t’s not the distance from home that matters but the time together! It sounds like a wonderful night! I’ve nevr been to a Murder Mystery Nights but they sound like great fun and soo interesting, especially when done right which it sounds like yours was!

Great photos, too! Your goofy pic is so cute and Gage is adorable…if a little too happy to see mom and dad leave for the night…hmmm! lolol

Comment by Amy | September 10, 2012 | Reply

11. yah, I think kids enjoy time away from their parents too. Sounds like a fun evening.

Comment by kaye | September 10, 2012 | Reply

12. That sounds like a really fun night out! I’ve always wanted to do one of those interactive plays.

Comment by Amused By Books (@amusedbybooks) | September 10, 2012 | Reply

13. How fun!!

Comment by Carol | September 10, 2012 | Reply

14. Get use to that face of his when you both leave the house!! LOL! Marc loves it when we leave for up north and he has the house to himself 😀 Boys!! That photo of him BTW totally made me laugh and I thank you for that!! The mystery theater sounds like a blast. We did something like that once and our table won!! 😀

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | September 10, 2012 | Reply

15. I’ve never heard of this, but it sounds like a lot of fun. And I’m glad to see Gage was such a good sport about you guys leaving for the night. 😉

Comment by softdrink | September 11, 2012 | Reply

16. Yay for a night out. Sounds like you had a fabulous time.

Comment by caspette | September 16, 2012 | Reply