Actors Turned Novelists Quiz – guessing closed

Quite a few actors and actresses have penned novels.  (well, some had help :)).  Do you think you can match the celebrity with a title of one of their books?  And no I’m not going to help you with who the celebrities are.  You don’t need to know their names anyway!  Good luck!

You have until noon Sunday to submit your answers as a comment.  Comment will be hidden until I post the answers.  No Googling!

This round will last til August.  The person with the most points will win a B&N gift card (total $ based on # of total participants, so please play) and a randomly selected participant will win a fun prize from me.

Leaderboard and rules here.

1. Hugh Laurie  G. The Gun Seller

2.Steve Martin  C. Shopgirl

3.  Carrie Fisher  F. Postcards from the Edge

4. Craig Ferguson  B. Between the Bridge and the River

5.Ethan Hawke  A. The Hottest State

6. Gene Hackman  J. Payback at Morning Creek

7.Meg Tilly   H. Porcupine

8. William Shatner  D. Star Trek:Captain’s Blood

9.  Pamela Anderson   E. Star Struck

10.Courtney Thorne Smith   I. Outside In

26 thoughts on “Actors Turned Novelists Quiz – guessing closed

1. robert says:

Steve Martin and Shopgirl..easy is Carrie Fisher and Postcards from the Edge..Outside in sounds like Sean Young and Payback at Morning Creek sounds like Gene Hackman..The Hottest State..Pamela Sue all the way.Between the Bridge and the River sounds like Hugh Laurie..Star Struck feels like Courtney-Thorne Smith Porcupine sounds like Colin Ferguson.Star trek book is Shatner. The Gun Seller sounds like something pretentious that Ethan Hawke would write

2. robert says:

so…2 goes with c….3 goes with f…6.. goes with j…7 goes with I …1 goes with b..4 and h…5 and g..7 and l… 9. and a. 10 and e..8 and d

3. Carol M says:

1. G. The Gun Seller
    2. C. Shopgirl
    3. F. Postcards from the Edge
    8. D. Star Trek:Captain’s Blood

I’m curious about the rest. I’ll have to check them out!

4. Book Nympho says:

I love it when you do these! It’s so much fun to play, even if you don’t win a prize! 🙂 Here are my answers and a few guesses:

1. The Gun Seller (G)
    2. Shopgirl (C)
    3. Postcards from the Edge (F)
    4. Between the Bridge and the River (B)
    5. The Hottest State (A)
    6. Payback at Morning Creek (J)
    7. Porcupine (H)
    8. Star Trek: Captain’s Blood (D)
    9. Star Struck (E)
    10. Outside In (I)

5. Sarah Says Read says:

Oooo fun!!!

1. Hugh Laurie wrote G. The Gun Seller
    2. Steve Martin wrote C. Shopgirl
    8. William Shatner wrote D. Star Trek: Captain’s Blood (and a whole bunch of other Star Trek books…)
    9. Pam Anderson wrote E. Star Struck

and… that’s all I know. I read Shopgirl, and kind of hated it. (Though In The Pleasure of My Company by Steve Martin was really good) and I own Hugh Laurie’s book but haven’t read it yet. Thanks for the quiz!

6. Elyse says:

This is fun! I know 6 of these; the rest are guesses.

A. 5
    B. 4
    C. 2
    D. 8
    E. 9
    F. 3
    G. 1 (Love him and this book!)
    H. 10
    I. 7
    J. 6

Thanks for the quiz, Stacy!