Sundays with Gage – Beating the heat

It’s been sweltering here, like most of the US, and there are only so many ways to keep your toddler entertained in air conditioning.  Last Sunday we headed to the JCC (Jewish Community Center) and took advantage of a free week at the facilities.  Lucky for us being Jewish is not a requirement and they finished an $18m renovation two years ago so the place is very nice.  Gage got to go to the pool four times and loved this fountain pool best.  We’re considering joining for the summer just so he have this much fun every weekend.

You can’t even see half of the fountains in this photo.  A total homerun for little kids. And all free!

We also had the grandparents here this week.  A storm took out their electricity last Friday and it didn’t come on til late Wednesday, so they packed up and spent some time enjoying their grandson, air conditioning, and TV.

Hope you are all finding ways to stay cool.

July 8, 2012 - Posted by | Gage

1. It’s hot here, but I think it’s even hotter where you are. That water park looks like lots of fun to me!

Comment by BermudaOnion | July 8, 2012 | Reply

• We’re finally in the 80’s this week, yippeee!

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 9, 2012 | Reply

2. What a perfect way to stay cool and heaps of fun too. Send some heat this way 😉

Comment by Teddyree | July 8, 2012 | Reply

• I’d love to send some heat your way!

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 9, 2012 | Reply

3. Our heat broke last night it is now 88!

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | July 8, 2012 | Reply

4. We have water shortage here. Bottled water is easy to get but what about rest of it?

Life is kinda HOT right now…

Comment by gautami tripathy | July 8, 2012 | Reply

5. What a cool looking (double entendre) place to take kids (of all ages!)

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | July 8, 2012 | Reply

• If you come to Cleveland I’d love to take you 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 9, 2012 | Reply

6. I think Gage found the perfect way to beat the heat! Looks like fun to me, too….

Comment by lakesidemusing | July 8, 2012 | Reply

7. Looks like so much fun!
    The weather has been hot here recently..but its now a little cooler. =)

Comment by my recent favorite books | July 8, 2012 | Reply

8. Great timing on the free week at the JCC! We have one near us and when the kids were small we were gym/pool members (we’re not Jewish either). That looks like a fun fountain pool!

Comment by Mary | July 9, 2012 | Reply

• We’re thinking of joining because it is such an awesome facility. They even have babysitting so that I could actually work out on my own while Gage has kid fun 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 9, 2012 | Reply

9. It was such fun watching Gage explore the fountains. Made me want to join him!

Comment by Gage's Grandma | July 9, 2012 | Reply

• Next time YOU can sign up for the free week and take Gage 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 9, 2012 | Reply

10. The JCC sounds like so much fun! I wish there was someplace like that around here! Our summer has suddenly gotten much warmer and we’ve been keeping cool by staying inside and, when outside, using Mouse’s pool. She loves the water. I think most kids do at Gage and Mouse’s age, don’t they? I am glad your parents were able to come stay with you while their power was out. What a pain that would be! My mom is coming for a visit this coming weekend. Hubby and I are celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary and she volunteered to watch Maggie for us. We aren’t going anywhere–will likely just take in a movie and lunch, but it’s us time we don’t usually get, which is all that matters.

Have a great week, Stacy!

Comment by Literary Feline | July 9, 2012 | Reply

• Happy anniversary Wendy! I’m glad that you guys will get some time to yourself, it’s so important. Jason and I will be celebrating our 14th in October. Our timelines are very similar, no?

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 9, 2012 | Reply

11. Lucky Duck! Looks like Dad got to cool off too. How fun for the grandparents to get bonus Gage time too. Watch out or they may cut out their power on purpose ;0)

Comment by thebumbles | July 9, 2012 | Reply

• Gage loves when the grandparents visit, so it was a bonus week for him 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 9, 2012 | Reply

12. Looks so fun! We finally got our pool open, it’s just been too busy around here.

Comment by Carol | July 9, 2012 | Reply

• Ah, busy. I remember the days when my life didn’t revolve around keeping my toddler occupied 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 9, 2012 | Reply

13. I’m glad to see you guys are surviving the heat. I’m sorry to hear about the grandparents’ troubles. I hope this extreme weather ends soon!

Comment by Stephanie D. | July 9, 2012 | Reply

• This week is actually a mild one, finally. 80’s all week 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 9, 2012 | Reply

14. stay cool you guys! 🙂

Comment by Marie (@bostonbibliophl) | July 9, 2012 | Reply

15. what a great way to beat the heat.

Comment by kaye | July 10, 2012 | Reply

16. What an amazing facility and how generous to open it to all and for free! I’m sure the family time was great!!! 😀

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | July 12, 2012 | Reply

17. Heck … I’d convert to play in a place like that! : )

Comment by Jenners | July 12, 2012 | Reply

18. We have a nice splash pad in our neighborhood park. We’ve been going there a lot! Glad you are finding ways to keep cool!

Comment by Heather | July 13, 2012 | Reply

• What a great thing to have at your park!! They are so much fun.

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 13, 2012 | Reply

19. That looks awesome. Its weird but being in a tropical city we do not have any water facilities appropriate for toddlers which drives me nuts.

Comment by Caspette | August 5, 2012 | Reply

20. Gage looks like he’s having a blast in the water. It is the only way to beat the heat. We are lucky here in California that we rarely get heat like that!

Comment by boardinginmyforties | August 6, 2012 | Reply