Sundays with Gage – Beating the heat

It’s been sweltering here, like most of the US, and there are only so many ways to keep your toddler entertained in air conditioning.  Last Sunday we headed to the JCC (Jewish Community Center) and took advantage of a free week at the facilities.  Lucky for us being Jewish is not a requirement and they finished an $18m renovation two years ago so the place is very nice.  Gage got to go to the pool four times and loved this fountain pool best.  We’re considering joining for the summer just so he have this much fun every weekend.

You can’t even see half of the fountains in this photo.  A total homerun for little kids. And all free!

We also had the grandparents here this week.  A storm took out their electricity last Friday and it didn’t come on til late Wednesday, so they packed up and spent some time enjoying their grandson, air conditioning, and TV.

Hope you are all finding ways to stay cool.

35 thoughts on “Sundays with Gage – Beating the heat

1. Mary says:

Great timing on the free week at the JCC! We have one near us and when the kids were small we were gym/pool members (we’re not Jewish either). That looks like a fun fountain pool!

• stacybuckeye says:

We’re thinking of joining because it is such an awesome facility. They even have babysitting so that I could actually work out on my own while Gage has kid fun 🙂

2. Literary Feline says:

The JCC sounds like so much fun! I wish there was someplace like that around here! Our summer has suddenly gotten much warmer and we’ve been keeping cool by staying inside and, when outside, using Mouse’s pool. She loves the water. I think most kids do at Gage and Mouse’s age, don’t they? I am glad your parents were able to come stay with you while their power was out. What a pain that would be! My mom is coming for a visit this coming weekend. Hubby and I are celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary and she volunteered to watch Maggie for us. We aren’t going anywhere–will likely just take in a movie and lunch, but it’s us time we don’t usually get, which is all that matters.

Have a great week, Stacy!

• stacybuckeye says:

Happy anniversary Wendy! I’m glad that you guys will get some time to yourself, it’s so important. Jason and I will be celebrating our 14th in October. Our timelines are very similar, no?

3. thebumbles says:

Lucky Duck! Looks like Dad got to cool off too. How fun for the grandparents to get bonus Gage time too. Watch out or they may cut out their power on purpose ;0)

4. Staci@LifeintheThumb says:

What an amazing facility and how generous to open it to all and for free! I’m sure the family time was great!!! 😀

5. boardinginmyforties says:

Gage looks like he’s having a blast in the water. It is the only way to beat the heat. We are lucky here in California that we rarely get heat like that!