I know I should have been together enough to get this up last week, but that didn’t happen so here it is a little late. These are noteworthy mothers, good and bad. I’ll take the name of the mom or the book/movie.
You have until noon Sunday to submit your answers as a comment. Comment will be hidden until I post the answers. No Googling!
This round will last til August. The person with the most points will win a B&N gift card (total $ based on # of total participants, so please play) and a randomly selected participant will win a fun prize from me.
Have fun and Good Luck! Last week’s Boggle Quiz here. Leaderboard and rules here.
1. It couldn’t have been easy raising seven red-headed kids with little money and it got a whole lot tougher when you take in a son’s BFF, one with a shocking tattoo no less, and love him like your own.
2. The prairie was a wonderful place to raise four children, especially one precocious pig-tailed girl who went on to write about her childhood.
4. This was one tough chick. She had to fight to stay alive so that one day in the future her son could save mankind. Good thing she was so buff.
5. This mother had to wear her shame for life after bearing an illegitimate daughter.
6. Having to choose which child will live and which will die is enough to drive this mother into a dangerous depression.
9. The original mom who was a temptress with an apple.
10. This saintly mother of four daughters endures hardship and still inspires.
12 thoughts on “Mom Quiz”
Here are my guesses:
1 – Molly Weasley
2 – Caroline Ingalls
3 – Mrs. Gump
5 – Hester Prynne
6 – Sophie’s Choice
7 – Mary – Precious’s mother
9 – Eve
10 – Marmee
Thanks for another fun quiz!
80 mommish points 🙂
1. Guessing totally – Seve Little Foys?
2. Carolyn Ingalls
3. Forest Gump’s mother (played by Sally Field)
4. Sarah Connor, John’s mother in The Terminator
5. Hester Prynne – The Scarlet Letter
6. Have no clue at all! 🙂
7. Precious? something with a “P”
8. Would that be Faye Dunaway playing Joan Crawford – Mommy Dearest??
9. Eve? Was it an apple? Made me think of Snow White’s stepmother as well – LOL
10. Marmee of Little Women fame – unless you read about her in Geraldine Brooks’ book, MARCH. Little different look at her.
OK, just as I clicked send #1 occurred to me – could I have a change??? Pretty please? Of course that is Molly Weasley. Can’t believe I didn’t immediately think of it. You are very sneaky with the “tattoo”.
🙂 90 points! You know more about these moms than me!!
You are a mom with a toddler, no apologies necessary!
1. Harry Potter
2. Mrs. Ingalls – Little House on the Prairie
3. Mrs. Gump – Forrest Gump
4. Sara – The Terminator
5. Hester – The Scarlet Letter
6. Sophie’s Choice?
7. Mary – Push/Precious
8. Mommie Dearest acted by Faye Dunaway
10. Little Women
100 perfect points. I bet your mom loved you best 😉
1. Harry Potter (Mrs. Weasley)
2. Little House on the Prairie (Mrs. Ingalls)
3. Forrest. Forrest Gump (Mrs. Gump)
4. The Terminator (Linda Hamilton’s character)
5. The Scarlet Letter
6. sounds like a Jodi Picoult book
8. I don’t know, but I’m glad she’s not my mom
10. Little Women (Marmie)
70 mom points!
2. Caroline Ingalls
3. Mrs. Gump
5. Hester Prynne
6. Sophie Zawistowska
10. Margaret March
61 points! You earned an extra one for Sophie’s last name 🙂