Sundays with Gage – Family

I asked my mom if she’d come up and Gage-sit while I went to the British Tea, an annual charity fundraiser put on by New Clevelanders.  This is the newcomers club I’ve belonged to for 10 years and I’m currently the club’s historian, aka photographer.

My mom decided to invite my aunt Judy, my aunt Betty and cousin Kelly too.  So, the foursome arrived on Wednesday and left on Friday and, of course, I wait until they are getting ready to leave before snapping a photo.  Seems like Gage is always getting photographed in his high chair, but I guess that’s the only place he’s still enough.

Gage is going to be an only kid and I wish we lived just a little closer to my family.  It’s a little less than 2 1/2 hours and that’s great for weekend trips, but not as easy for stop-ins.  I want Gage to be surrounded by his extended family and I am always so thankful when they visit.  Gage always loves an appreciative audience and they were definitely that 🙂

17 thoughts on “Sundays with Gage – Family

1. Stephanie D. says:

Oh how lovely of the ladies to come en masse! Your family seems very supportive which I’m sure is at least a comfort even though they’re far away. I feel so lucky that my parents and all my sibs had always been nearby a majority of my son’s childhood. Not now, alas 😦

2. hmsgofita says:

Awww, so glad you have family semi-close for planned visits. I try and get Gabe out and about with friends and visit the family too. I’m really hypersensitive about how Gabe interacts with other children since he’s an only. It makes it tougher in a lot of ways. Hugs!

3. Amy says:

This is a terrific photo…Gage surrounded by women from his family…I wonder if he realizes his power, that he has them all wrapped around his little finger! lol He is so cute, Stacy. I’m sure it would be nice living closer to family but when you do get together with them, Gage is sure to get oodles of attention! Your mom, aunts and cousin don’t seem to have any problem driving to you to visit the adorable Gage!

I hope you had a great time at the British Tea, 10 years is terrific!

4. Trish says:

I hope that they had a wonderful day!! Having family close by is a blessing but it’s also easy to take them for granted. We always lived far from extended family (20 hour drive), but it sometimes made the gatherings that much sweeter.

5. Staci@LifeintheThumb says:

I’m sure he was spoiled rotten!! Love that photo and I totally understand about being far away from family. Mine lives over 3 hours away..makes it hard big time!

6. Anna (Diary of an Eccentric) says:

I know how you feel about wanting to be closer to family. Our family lives about 8 hours away, so we’re lucky to see them once a year. I feel like we miss so much, and they miss out on everything going on in The Girl’s life.

He is growing up to be quite the ladies man! ;P

7. Jenners says:

He looks like he is presiding over a meeting!! We have the same issue … none of our relatives are close by and we have an only child. I wish it could be different but such is life.

8. hmsgofita says:

I just realized my five word movie review doesn’t make sense! I think I was really tired when I wrote that! So it’ll just be an emblem to my crazy tired talk 🙂