My book problem post encouraged me to clean out at least 15 titles that I’ve had for too long and no longer have any desire to read.
Leave a comment, tell me which book you want and I’ll get the book to you for FREE either by mail or personally if I’ll see you soon. The first one to request each book wins. Once you’ve ‘won’ the book I can get your shipping address if I need it. Also, you can come back and get a free book every month if you want. These have all been read a time or two.
1. The skinny orange titles on top all come together. They are Baa,Baa, Black Sheep by Rudyard Kipling, Young Goodman Brown by Nathaniel Hawthorne, Love Among the Haystacks by DH Lawrence, The Dead by James Joyce, The Happy Prince by Oscar Wilde. for Amy
2. The Bastard by John Jakes. mass market. published 1974. 629 pages. B&N review here.
. The Mysterious Stranger and other stories by Mark Twain. library bound paperback. Stories include: Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County (1865), Facts Concerning the Recent Carnival of Crime in Connecticut (1876), Stolen White Elephant (1882), Luck, (1891), The 1,000,000Bank-Note (1893), The Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg (1899), Five Boons of Life (1902), Was It Heaven? Or Hell? (1902). for Mariska 4. An Introduction to Haiku by Harold Henderson. mass market. published 1958. 185 pages. B&N review here. for Gautami
5. Generation React:Activism for Beginners by Danny Seo. trade paperback. published 1997. 171 pages. B&N review here.
6. Stealing Time:Stories by Mary Grimm. hardcover. published 1994. 196 pages. B&N review here. for Carol M 7. So Far…by Kelsey Grammer. hardcover. published 1995. 238 pages. B&N review here. for Kathy 8. Lovedeath by Dan Simmons. hardcover. published 1993. 306 pages. B&N review here. for Mariska 9. The Frenchwoman by Barbara Paul. mass market. published 1977. 295 pages.for Gautami 10. The Great Alone by Janet Dailey. mass market. published 1986. 817 pages. B&N review here. for Amy 11. The Captive Queen of Scots by Jean Plaidy. mass market. published 1963. 448 pages. B&N review here. for Violet 12. Spoon River Anthology by Edgar Lee Masters. mass market. published 1962. 316 pages. B&N review here. for Carol M
13. The Deerslayer by James Fenimore Cooper. mass market. published 1925. 534 pages. B&N review here.
14. The Vintage Contempotraries Reader. trade paperback. published 1998. 321 pages. Includes stories and excerpts from writers: McInerney, Exley, Russo, Ford, Simpson, Gibbons, Yates, DeLillo, Baker, Ellis, McGrath, Cisneros, Carver, Beattie, Leyner, McGuane, Guterson, Danticat, Wolff, Munro, Gaines, Dubus, Sapphire, Millhauser, Huneven. for Melissa 15. Heart of Darkness & The Secret Sharer by Joseph Conrad. trade paperback. B&N review here. for Molly
Happy Reading. You can request one book a day until they’re gone