John Grisham Adaptation Quiz – Guessing Closed

Most of us have seen at least one film based on a John Grisham novel or short story, so this week let’s see if you can place these faces with the Grisham movie. You only need to tell me the movie (not the actor’s name or character).  They are all direct adaptations and the images may or may not be from the Grisham movie – I can’t make it that easy!

Each correct answer is worth 10 points.  You have until Friday noon to submit your answers as a comment.  I hide your answers until then.

A few rules…No cheating.  No googling or looking at other commenter answers.  Yes, we’re going by the honor system…Your first answers will be the only ones accepted…Have fun!

This round for every participant I have (currently at $25)  I will put in a $ for a B&N gift card or a Babies R Us gift card for the winner. Even if you play only once you are eligible to win the second prize (something special I pick out) and you will be adding money to the kitty for the winner.

Answers to last week’s First and Last Quiz here (there were some perfect scores!).  Current Leaderboard here.

1.  A Time To Kill (1996)

2.  The Firm (1993)

3.  The Pelican Brief (1993)

4.   The Runaway Jury (2003)

5.   Skipping Christmas/Christmas with the Kranks (2004)

6.    The Client (1994)

7.  The Chamber (1996)

8.   The Rainmaker (1997)

9.   The Painted House (2003)

10.  The Gingerbread Man (1998)

35 thoughts on “John Grisham Adaptation Quiz – Guessing Closed

1. caspette says:

I thought I would do really well at this one, I recognised a lot, but I could only remember the name of a few eeep when does baby brain wear off again?

1. A Time To Kill (I remember this one because I was being a Matthew McConaughey fan girl at the time)
    2.The Firm
    3. The Pelican Brief
    8. The Rainmaker (again a Matt Damon fan girl phase, ok never really grew out of this phase he is still hot LOL)

2. Kay says:

Well, I will know part of these, but definitely not all.

1. A Time to Kill
    2. The Firm
    3. The Pelican Brief
    4. Runaway Jury (?)
    5. Skipping Christmas
    6. The Client
    7. can’t think of it – Gene Hackman was the grandfather in prison I think
    9. Was this the baseball one? Something Season?
    10.

I quit reading Grisham books and I think I also quite watching the movies. 😦

• stacybuckeye says:

Well, you got the first 6 right for 60 points! As I was making the quiz I was surprised that it’s been quite a few years since he’s had a movie made.

3. StephanieD says:

1. The Rainmaker? I’m just really guessing. I know it was set in the South and everyone was sweaty.
    2.The Firm
    3. The Pelican Brief
    4. The Juror/ The Jury???
    6. Dead Man Walking???
    7. The Rainmaker? I know I already said this but I’m confused. This is the insurance one, right?
    Gee, I thought I knew more of these.

4. Word Lily says:

9. A Painted House
    10. The Gingerbread Man

5. Florinda says:

1) A Time to Kill
    2) The Firm
    3) The Pelican Brief
    4) The Chamber (guessing)
    5) Christmas with the Kranks (book: Skipping Christmas)
    6) The Client
    7) The Runaway Jury
    8) The Client

I stopped reading Grisham a few years ago, so I think that’s it for me. I may lose my LB rank this week! 🙂

I lived in Memphis during the time a few of these were filmed on location there. And I’d forgotten Gene Hackman was in so many of them!

6. Heather says:

1. A Time to Kill
    2. The Firm
    3. The Pelican Brief
    4. The Runaway Jury
    5. Skipping Christmas
    6. The Client
    7. The Chamber
    8. The Rainmaker
    9. A Painted House
    10. The Gingerbread Man

Yeah! I knew these! Woot! I haven’t read Grisham in years but I’ve seen most of his movies.

7. Bumbles says:

1 = A Time To Kill (his best book – not the best movie)
    2 = The Firm (I think this was the best movie)
    3 = The Pelican Brief (although this was pretty good too – Denzel didn’t hurt)
    4 = The Runaway Jury (I think this is right – it has been a long time)
    5 = ? I have no clue what Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis have to do with Grisham! Maybe this is when I stopped reading his stuff.
    6 = The Client (I liked that this one was pretty much exactly the same as the book)
    7 = The Chamber (this is the death penalty one – I never thought Chris O’Donnell was exactly right for this role though – was Gene Hackman on speed dial for Grisham movies or what?)
    8 = The Rainmaker? (this is the insurance co. scam book – but I never saw the movie – just guessing here but it has to be one of these)
    9 = A Painted House (I loved this story – so different from his usual stuff – too bad it was only made into a Hallmark special)
    10 = ? I don’t even know who those actors are!

8. Nise' says:

1 A Time to Kill
    2 The Firm
    3 The Pelican Brief
    4 Runaway Jury
    5 Christmas with Kranks(Skipping Christmas)
    6 The Client
    7 The Chamber
    8 The Rainmaker
    9 A Painted House
    10 ?

9. Staci says:

You are a crazy woman!! I love these quizzes even though I suck big time on them!! Here I go:
    1. A time to Kill

4. Runaway Jury
    5. Christmas With The Kranks
    6. The Client
    7. The Chamber
    8. Rainmaker

12. Mariska says:

i had watched some of them 🙂

1. A Time to Kill
    2. The Firm
    3. The Pelican Brief
    4. Runaway Jury
    5. Christmas with The Kranks
    6. The Client
    7. The Chamber
    8. The Rainmaker
    9. A Painted House
    10. The Gingerbread Man

13. Misha says:

I used to be addicted to John Grisham books and movies once upon a time 😀
    1. A Time to Kill
    2. The Firm
    3. The Pelican Brief
    4. Runaway Jury
    5. Christmas with The Kranks
    6. The Client
    7. The Chamber
    8. The Rainmaker
    9. A Painted House
    10.

14. Jennifer Rayment says:

Someone might want to smack me, but in Grishams case, I usually like the movie better than the book – sorry!

1 A Time to Kill
    2 The Firm
    3 The Pelican Brief
    4 Runaway Jury
    5 No frickin idea!!
    6 The Client (Awesome movie!!!!!!)
    7 The Chamber
    8 The Rainmaker
    9 nope, no idea
    10 nope another one no idea

15. Wrighty says:

I’ve read all of those books and have seen several of the movies. I don’t think I would have remembered more than 2 of the correct answers! Eeep! Old age must be creeping in…