Notable Villian Quiz

I love the show Survivor.  Jason and I like to watch and argue over who is going to win.  He loves to watch the evil Russell and Russell makes me want to throw something at the tv or leave the room.  So, this week’s quiz is all about literary villains.  How many do you know?

No googling or cheating off other commenters.  Your first answer is the one accepted.  Each one is worth 10 points.  You can answer until Thursday night.

Answers to last week’s quiz.  Who is the new leader on the leaderboard?

1.  This villain has the blood of Desdemona on his conscience if not on his hands.  And no it’s not Othello.  Iago

2. The world’s favorite wizard was the only one who dared speak his name. Voldemort

3. He famously said, ” A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.”  Hannibal Lecter

4. White Witch (The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe)

5. First he wanted to be like Dickie Greenleaf. And then he became him.  Tom Ripley (The Talented Mr. Ripley)

6. This housekeeper tormented the young Rebecca, but she did get her just desserts in the end, right?  Mrs. Danvers

7. He wanted to control Middle Earth and  The Ring at any cost.  I don’t like anyone who beats up Gandalf.  Sauron or Sarumon

9. This villian would not leave my beloved Jamie Fraser alone.  Jack Randall (Outlander)

10. Name either of the two villians who ruined poor Lolita. Humbert Humbert or Clare Quilty

32 thoughts on “Notable Villian Quiz

1. Calila says:

1. Iago
    2. Lord Voldemort
    3. Hannibal Lector
    4. The White Queen
    5. Mr Ripley
    6. ?
    7. Sarumon I think?
    8. Patrick Bateman
    9. ?
    10. ?

2. Bumbles says:

Dammit Stacy – I specifically asked for a War & Peace quiz!

#2 is someone from Harry Potter – which I have never read or watched so I know I am missing out on an easy one here
    #3 is Hanibal Lector
    #4 is the Ice Queen or something like that – from the Narnia/Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe books
    #6 is Mrs. Danvers
    #7 is that mean wizard in LOTR – starts with an S, but I don’t remember
    #8 is the American Psycho guy – I never read the book but did see the movie – which I did not enjoy/get – I think I need to watch it again. But Christian Bale bugs me.

• stacybuckeye says:

20 + 15 (half for 4, 7, 8) = 35
      You really need to at least read the first Harry Potter! I like Christian Bale. He can bug me anytime.

3. Nise' says:

1. Iago
    2. Voldemort
    3. Hannibal Lecter
    4. Ice Queen
    5. Mr. Ripley
    6. should have read the book
    7. Sauron
    8. no clue
    9. Jack Randall
    10. Humbert

4. CeeCee says:

Can you believe I’m stumped on #2!!! I don’t remember names well anyway, I only knew a couple but couldn’t remember their names. *shrug*

5. Wrighty says:

I can’t believe how many of these I should know but don’t!
    2. Voldemort
    3. Hannibal Lector
    8. I think that’s Christian Bale but I can’t remember his character’s name.

6. Heather says:

2. Voldemort

4. The White Witch from Chronicles of Narnia

7. Sarumon the white wizard beat up gandalf, but Sauron wanted to control the ring…

8. American psycho guy…not sure of his actual name

that’s it for me! Great quiz!