Monday Movie Memes – All About Ensembles

Feature Presentation…

This week’s movie topic is all about Ensembles…There are lots of great movies that succeed not because of megastars and lesser known supporting casts, but because of incredible actors working together without any one person taking on a lead role.

Here are my favorite ensemble casts…
Crash (2004).  An uncomfortable look at race.  Cast includes Sandra Bullock, Brendan Fraser, Don Cheadle, Matt Dillon, Ludacris, Thandie Newton, Ryan Phillipe
Love Actually (2003). Loved this cast from across the pond.  Cast includes Colin Firth, Liam Neeson, Emma Thompson, Hugh Grant, Alan Rickman, Keira Knightley
Ocean’s Eleven (2001).   Movie okay, cast gorgeous.  Cast includes George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Don Cheadle, Julia Roberts, Matt Damon, Andy Garcia, Bernie Mac, Elliot Gould, Casey Affleck
The Usual Suspects (1995).  Which one is Keyser Soze?  Cast includes Kevin Spacey, Gabriel Byrne, Benicio Del Toro, Kevin Pollak, Stephen Baldwin, Chazz Palminteri
Lord of the Rings trilogy. Frodo wasn’t the only one worth watching.  Cast includes Elijah Wood, Viggo Mortensen, Ian McKellan, Sean Astin, Cate Blanchett, Liv Tyler, Orlando Bloom
What’s your favorite ensemble cast?  Stop by The Bumbles and see what others have to say.

20 thoughts on “Monday Movie Memes – All About Ensembles

1. Trisha says:

I adore The Usual Suspects, one of the best movies out there. Kevin Spacey just rocked. Byrne is always fun to watch, and well, so are the rest. 🙂

2. Stephanie Dellosa says:

I was just talking to my son about The Usual Suspects and urging him to see it; the topic came up when we saw Clash of the Titans and he mentioned the fisherman dad and asked who the actor was. “Kobayashi,” I replied. “Koba who?” “Watch The Usual Suspects,” I said, “Then you’ll get it.”

3. Bumbles says:

Excuse me while I stop banging my head against the wall. How could I not have thought of The Usual Suspects? That is only one of my favorite flicks. I am jealous of Stephanie’s son who will get to experience the movie for the first time.

• stacybuckeye says:

That’s okay. I saw The Breakfast Club on a few other lists and was mad I didn’t think of it. I can’t even ballpark how mant times I’ve seen that movie.

4. Margot says:

I agree with you on the Ocean movies and also the Usual Suspects. The last one was brilliant. The Ocean movies, as you say, are just gorgeous because of the cast. I think it’s time they made another one.

5. Wrighty says:

Such great picks! The Oceans cast is sooo handsome and Crash was shocking but needed to be. Whenever Steel Magnolias is on I have to watch it. Those women crack me up! It’s also fun to see where the actors are from the movies of the 80s like The Breakfast Club, St. Elmo’s Fire, etc. So much fun, such big hair and some really bad clothes. Good times… 🙂