I want my first quiz of 2009 to be special, so the first person to leave a comment with the correct answers to all of the questions will receive a $9 gift card from Barnes & Noble 🙂 If no one gets them all correct by Wednesday night the person with the highest number will win the gift card, so guess as many as you think you know, you could win! Feel free to Google if you need to. Start guessing!
And the winner is …. Deborah! Visit Deborah at her blog.
1. What is the ninth word of the Bible? the
2. What is Dante’s Ninth circle? treachery
3. In the Lord of the Rings, who received Nine rings? mortal men
4. In JD Salinger’s Nine Stories, what is the ninth story? Teddy
5. From Jeffrey Toobin’s book The Nine, name two of the nine. Roberts, Stevens, Scalia, Kennedy, souter, Thomas, Ginsberg, Breyer, Alito
6. What is the title of Janet Evanovich’s ninth Stephanie Plum novel? To the Nines
7. Name two of the Nine Muses of ancient Greece. Calliope, Clio, Erato, Euterpe, Melpomene, Polyhymnia, Terpsichore, Thalia, Urania
8. What Curious George book has nine in the title? Cecily G. & the Nine Monkeys
9. What was this blog’s ninth post OR a book from my top 100 list with nine in the title? On Writing by Stephen King or Cloud Nine by Luanne Rice