Top Ten Tuesday-

Ten Books We Meant To Read In 2017 But Didn’t Get To (and totallyyyy plan to get to in 2018!!)  See what else bloggers are looking to read this year at the Broke & the Bookish.

Lincoln in the BardoLincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders

The Story of Arthur TruluvThe Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg

Hunger: A Memoir of (My) BodyHunger by Roxane Gay

Far from the Madding CrowdFar From the Maddening Crowd by Thomas Hardy

A Gentleman in MoscowA Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles

Anything for You (Blue Heron, #5)Anything for You by Kristan Higgins

Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas

Ready Player One (Ready Player One, #1)Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

How to Build a Piano BenchHow to Build a Piano Bench by Ruthi Postow Birch

The Salt HouseThe Salt House by Lisa Duffy

And there’s still time to enter my Blogiversary giveaway here.

January 9, 2018 - Posted by | lists, Uncategorized

1. My book club was supposed to read Lincoln in the Bardo but one person started it and didn’t like it so they bailed. See why they frustrate me? Ready Player One is so good!

Comment by BermudaOnion | January 9, 2018 | Reply

• That happened once when I joined the book club but I hadn’t started the book. That is frustrating!

Comment by stacybuckeye | January 10, 2018 | Reply

2. Far from the Madding Crowd is the only one I’ve read. I can’t remember a thing about it.

Comment by snoozing on the sofa | January 9, 2018 | Reply

3. I love your list. It’s so eclectic in terms of types of books. I didn’t care for Lincoln in the Bardo, but found A Gentleman in Moscow was very good.

Comment by Susie | Novel Visits | January 9, 2018 | Reply

• Lincoln in the Bardo just sounds so interesting that I have to give it a shot,. It seems so hot or miss for people with little wiggle room.

Comment by stacybuckeye | January 10, 2018 | Reply

4. A Gentleman in Moscow was one of only 2-4/4s I had last year. It’s definitely not for everybody. It’s super literary, which I don’t normally like. But I loved the writing. And the Berg book is one I’ve seen everywhere. I’m looking forward to reading what you think about it.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | January 9, 2018 | Reply

• I used to be such a huge Beg fan but I haven’t read her in years. I’ve heard such good things about this latest one that I have to try. Excited for a Gentleman in Moscow!

Comment by stacybuckeye | January 10, 2018 | Reply

5. Not sure I could narrow it down to 10 as there are so many books that I’d didn’t get to last year. Loved the Higgins and Kleypas book.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | January 9, 2018 | Reply

6. Great list, Stacy! I hope you enjoy Ready Player One. I really enjoyed the audio. I keep hearing great things about A Gentleman in Moscow, and am looking forward to reading Hunger. I hope you get to all of these this year!

Comment by Literary Feline | January 9, 2018 | Reply

7. Several of these are on my TBR list just waiting for me to FINALLY get around to them. *Sigh* I did try READY PLAYER ONE this year, but I gave up about 1/3 of the way in. Reading it was like watching someone else play a video game. Boring! I hope you enjoy it more than I did.

Happy TTT!

Susan

Comment by Susan | January 9, 2018 | Reply

8. I keep meaning to listen to READY PLAYER ONE. This year maybe. I also have THE SALT HOUSE on my Kindle. I’ll get to it at some point. It’s been a long time since I read an Elizabeth Berg book. Enjoy!

Comment by Kay | January 9, 2018 | Reply

9. Ready One Player has been on my list for awhile. But with the movie coming out soon I think I’ll move it up the list! Hunger is sooooo good. It’s a must-read for everyone. I was torn with Lincoln. I didn’t understand it. And the audiobook was hard to follow but I loved the performances. It’s one I need to reread probably to get what it was trying to say.

Good luck on getting to them this year!

Comment by hmsgofita | January 9, 2018 | Reply

10. Lincoln in the Bardo is on my TBR list, too. I hope you get a chance to read all these!

Comment by Aj @ Read All The Things! | January 9, 2018 | Reply

11. The Saunders and Berg books are on my list to read someday – probably when I can get them on sale, ha.

Comment by Mary | January 10, 2018 | Reply

12. Hi! Ready Player One is one that I still need to get to 🙂
    My TTT
    Leslie

Comment by LHauser27 | January 10, 2018 | Reply

13. Ok, I have Hunger and that Moscow guy book on my must-read-soon list, too. Lincoln in the Bardo just takes some adjusting but then it gets amazing! And YES oh YES to the Hardy. I am loving every time someone reads that book and of course, watch the flick after. Such a BEAUTIFUL movie!

Comment by Care | January 14, 2018 | Reply