Another Birthday

Another birthday is here and this one is making me feel both old (if I round up it’s 50!) and blessed. I’m exactly half the age that my grandmother was when she died and her life was full of joy and faith and just good old fashioned Christian values and I feel good knowing that I’m only halfway-ish to a life well lived.

Since I entered my 40’s I’ve learned a few things.  The weight goes up easier and comes down only with starvation.  I’m a stronger woman than I ever gave myself credit for, especially pre-kid.  Being a mother is easy to get lost in if you let yourself.  Being an older mother sets you apart and so does having a child with special needs, so the road is not easy nor all that well-traveled.  Online friends can be just as present in your life as those in your real world.  Cheering for Ohio State football will never get old.  Life gets busy and it’s too easy to lose track of friends, but if they matter the time won’t matter as soon as you start talking.  Traveling is fun and great for your spirit.  Flying is a necessary evil.  There will never be enough years to read all of the books I want to read.  Having supportive parents who are still together is not all that common, appreciate it.  Having no idea what the latest hot app is will not make one bit of difference in your quality of life. Cable is not all it’s cracked up to be.  Family is good for the soul.

Next week Jason and I will be married 18 years, if only our marriage could vote!  It’s true sometimes there are stretches when it’s not easy to remember why you agreed to such a crazy thing, but if every day you find one thing that you really appreciate those annoying periods fly right on by.  Unless you hear a tape of him bantering with Donald Trump in the locker room. Then all bets are off.

Any sage advice  you’d like to share about your 40’s or happy marriage secrets?

From my morning walk…Have a beautiful day!

nt112

October 11, 2016 - Posted by | Uncategorized

1. Happy birthday, Stacy! I have no sage advice except to keep doing what you’re doing – you’re obviously on the right track.

Comment by BermudaOnion | October 11, 2016 | Reply

2. Hope you’ve had a fabulous day, Stacy. I think most of us fly by the seat of our pants no matter the age or length of marriage. Just keep trying and enjoy the adventure!

Comment by Mary | October 11, 2016 | Reply

3. Happy birthday. It’s basketball season now.

Comment by snoozing on the sofa | October 12, 2016 | Reply

4. Happy Birthday. And Happy upcoming Anniversary! What a beautiful site to see on your walk.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | October 12, 2016 | Reply

5. Happy Birthday! And Happy Anniversary. Having a young child when you are not in your 20s does set you apart. This I will agree on. I hope all is well and continue to enjoy those walks…it looks beautiful.

Comment by sagustocox | October 13, 2016 | Reply

6. Happy belated Birthday and Anniversary! not sure what to add, you pretty much covered it all. I find myself not putting up with people’s BS anymore as I get older. I do my thing, don’t bother others, and find my needs and wants are important. I dance to my own tune.
    Do for you and your family and you can’t go wrong. Best wishes old friend!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Comment by Jennygirl | October 14, 2016 | Reply

7. Belated happy birthday. 🙂

Comment by clicksclan | October 15, 2016 | Reply

8. I’m a little late, but happy birthday. And all I can say about your age vs. mine is: I have clothes older than you!

Comment by Lloyd Russell | October 19, 2016 | Reply