Jane Quiz – guessing closed

I finished Eligible, a modern Pride & Prejudice, a few days ago for book club tonight.  It took me a little time to come up with an Austen quiz I haven’t done before.  I’m giving you the ages that we first met these Austen characters.  Just tell who the characters are!

No Googling or looking at other commenter answers.  Yes, we’re going by the honor system :)  Play every week or just one time, you are always welcome 🙂  It only takes once to be eligible for a prize.

Leave your guesses as a comment. Good luck!!

First column are the girls, the second the boys/men. Such a difference in ages!

Your choices-Emma Woodhouse & George Knightley (Emma), Fanny Price & Edmund Bertram (MP), Elinor Dashwood, Marianne Dashwood & Colonel Brandon (S&S), Catherine Morland & Henry Tilney (NA), Elizabeth Bennett & Fitzwilliam Darcy (P&P), Anne Elliot (Persuasion)

10-Fanny Price     16-Edmund Bertram

16-Marianne Dashwood     26-Henry Tilney

17-Catherine Morland     28-Fitzwilliam Darcy

19-Elinor Dashwood     35-Colonel Brandon

20-Elizabeth Bennett     37-George Knightley

20-Emma Woodhouse

27-Anne Elliot

Last week’s Lisa quiz here.

May 18, 2016 - Posted by | Uncategorized

1. Emma & Mr Knightley: 20 and 37
    Fanny Price & Edmund Bertram (MP): 10 and 16
    Elinor Dashwood, Marianne Dashwood, Colonel Brandon (S&S): 19, 16, 35
    Catherine Morland, Henry Tilney (NA): 17, 26
    Elizabeth Bennett & Mr. Darcy (P&P): 20, 28
    Anne Elliot (Persuasion): 27

Comment by Word Lily | May 18, 2016 | Reply

2. Love me some Jane!

10 16 – Fanny Price & Edmund Bertram (MP)

16 26 – Catherine Morland & Henry Tilney (NA)

17 28 – Emma Woodhouse & George Knightley (Emma)

19 35 – Marianne Dashwood & Colonel Brandon (S&S)

20 37 – Elizabeth Bennett & Fitzwilliam Darcy (P&P)

20 – Elinor Dashwood

27 – Anne Elliot (Persuasion)

Hope I have them right! It’s hard when I’ve seen so many movie adaptations and then distinguishing ages between those and the ages in the books. 😉

Comment by truebookaddict | May 18, 2016 | Reply

• You got half right 🙂 It’s hard because they are all so close in age!

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 25, 2016 | Reply

3. Thank goodness for the choices. If I had to remember all the characters, this would have been impossible. Unfortunately, I have most of the girls frozen at 19 and the boys/men at 27. By the way, I have not yet read Eligible; did you like it?

Comment by Rosemary Wolfe, NoChargeBookbunch | May 18, 2016 | Reply

• Yes, the book group as a whole liked it more than I did. Hope to get my thoughts up this week.

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 25, 2016 | Reply

4. I’ve only read one Austen book so wouldn’t even know where to start!

Comment by BermudaOnion | May 18, 2016 | Reply