February’s Movies

These past few weeks have been a blur.  Should have posted this earlier.  I was happy to see Spotlight win Best Picture at the Oscars.  I thought it was deserved.

Another month and another chance to contribute money to charity.  Add your 5 words (or less!) to mine in a comment and earn $1 for charity.  Once we get to $100 the person with the most reviews will choose the charity.  Click here to see the past winners, the charities they chose and the other reviews you can add to.  Anyone is welcome to join in at any time.

We’re at $29.

I hope that you will take a few minutes to participate when you can each month.  It’s fun for me and for everyone else who reads it.  I’m not looking for a critical review, just a few words about how you felt about the movie.  This is ongoing so you can leave your 5 words anytime.

Spotlight (film) poster.jpgSpotlight, 2015 (Michael Keaton, Mark Ruffalo, Rachel McAdams, Live Schreiber, John Slattery, Stanley Tucci)   Grade A

Investigative reporters expose Catholic Church.

Absolutely terrific movie that definitely deserved the Oscar!  (Lloyd) – not 5 words? Sue me.

Amazingly acted, written, and directed.   (Heather)

Munich 1 Poster.jpgMunich, 2005 (Eric Bana, Daniel Craig, Geoffrey Rush, Ciaran Hinds, Mathieu Kassovitz)        Grade B

Truish story about justifying murder.

Remember it having emotional impact.  (Michelle)

Message in a bottle film poster.jpgMessage in a Bottle, 1999 (Kevin Costner, Robin Wright Penn, Paul Newman)   Grade D

The ending was soooo bad.

Another reason why…no Sparks.  (Michelle)

A waste of two hours….   (Heather)

March 5, 2016 - Posted by | 5 Word Movie Reviews |

1. I could add for all 3: can’t believe I didn’t see

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | March 5, 2016 | Reply

• Well, I’d skip that last one. The only Sparks movie I’ve seen is The Notebook and I wanted to see if his other movies were similar. I don’t think Sparks is for me.

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 5, 2016 | Reply

2. I haven’t seen any of those but I’m hoping to see Spotlight this week.

Comment by BermudaOnion | March 5, 2016 | Reply

• You should! I STILL need to see Brooklyn!

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 5, 2016 | Reply

3. I will be renting Spotlight for a movie night at home!

Comment by Staci Collins Taylor | March 5, 2016 | Reply

• Such great acting and it gives you hope that there is some real reporting going on somewhere!

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 5, 2016 | Reply

4. Only a B+ for Spotlight? We thought this was an absolutely terrific movie that definitely deserved the Oscar for Best Picture. Whoops, that’s more than 5 words!

Comment by Lloyd Russell | March 5, 2016 | Reply

• Too funny Lloyd! I just this minute updated the $ and saw I only gave it a B+ (I always leave the grade on the post right away) and thought, why didn’t I give that an A? Off to fix it. You are completely right 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 5, 2016 | Reply

5. Have seen none of these. Sorry. No entry this month. LOL

Comment by Kay | March 5, 2016 | Reply

6. Loved Spotlight and Message in a Bottle is always a tear jerker for me– that and Bridges of Madison County.

Comment by Diane | March 5, 2016 | Reply

• I think I may be too jaded for Sparks 😦 I did like The Notebook though.

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 6, 2016 | Reply

7. I have not seen any of these movies. Message In A Bottle is a book i threw across the room for reasons I am sure you know. It took me a long time to pick up another Sparks novel.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | March 6, 2016 | Reply

• I’ve never read a Sparks book, but not sure I’m interested after this movie 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 6, 2016 | Reply

8. Munich: Remember it having emotional impact

Message in a Bottle: Another reason why…no Sparks.

Comment by truebookaddict | March 7, 2016 | Reply

9. I loved Munich. What I got out of that film was that it doesn’t make a difference when you take out a terrorist or person bent on doing harm. There is always another one, more often worse, that will pop up in his or her place. There are consequences to every action, even when done under the name of justice.

Comment by Literary Feline | March 7, 2016 | Reply

• Too, too true.

Comment by truebookaddict | March 8, 2016 | Reply

• It really was a great discussion film. I love what you got out of it and think it’s spot on.

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 2, 2016 | Reply

10. Spotlight: Amazingly acted, written, and directed.

Message in a Bottle: A waste of two hours….

Comment by hmsgofita | March 15, 2016 | Reply

• I didn’t realize that Message would make me hate Sparks 😉

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 2, 2016 | Reply

11. […] the most, but this year there were 2 movies I hated and they were BOTH Nicholas Sparks movies.  Message in a Bottle and the worst of the worst, The Best of […]

Pingback by 2016 Movie Faves & Stats « Stacy's Books | December 31, 2016 | Reply