I saw Christmas decorations last weekend and I wasn’t happy about it. I love Thanksgiving, the quieter holiday that’s all about being thankful for what I have instead of the later, flashier holiday that’s all about what I want. So, at the library yesterday and picked up books from the New section that had something on the cover that I was thankful for. So, they’re all relatively new, taken from both fiction and nonfiction. Give me the title and author if you can. You’ll also get an extra point if you can tell me what it is on the cover that I’m thankful for 🙂
Leave your guesses in a comment. Good luck! I noticed after I downloaded the picture that I have two 9’s and no 10. Go figure!
No Googling or looking at other commenter answers. Yes, we’re going by the honor system 🙂 Play every week or just one time, you are always welcome 🙂 It only takes once to be eligible for a prize.
- Why Grow Up by Susan Neiman – balloons/parties 2.The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George – mail! 3.The Darling Dahlias & the Eleven O’clock Lady by Susan Wittig Albert – my home 4.A Window Opens by Elisabeth Egan – reading/books 5.Never Kill A Friend by Martin Hill – stained glass/church 6.Come Hell or Highball by Maia Chance – a pretty adult beverage 7.An Improbable Friendship by Anthony David – trees 8.Re Jane by Patricia Park – trains, because they make my son happy 9.Who Do You Love by Jennifer Weiner – the loves of my life 9.Death Wears a Mask by Ashley Weaver – a chance to get dressed up and go out.
Answers to last week’s scary movie quiz here.
13 thoughts on “Thankful Quiz – guessing closed”
This is tough!
#2 – The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George. You’re thankful for Paris and book shops!
#4 – A Window Opens by Elizabeth Egan (I think that’s how her name is spelled. Your thankful for books!
#9 – Who Do You Love by Jennifer Weiner. You’re thankful for love!
33 points 🙂 I’m impressed since I wouldn’t have known any of them!
Wow, I’m just writing in to confess I don’t recognize a single one! (notthankfulforthat)
I wouldn’t have known any of them either. Kathy got 3!
Yea, I’m clueless. Are you thankful for elegant fashions? and maybe the Eiffel Tower?
I do love Paris but that’s not it 🙂 And I do like to get dressed up for a party 🙂
3. The Darling Dahlias and the Eleven O’Clock Lady by Susan Wittig Albert — home
7. trees, nature
8. a train-loving boy?
9. Who Do You Love by Jennifer Weiner — love
10. Death Wears a Mask by Ashley Weaver — husband
39 points on a very hard week!
1, Thankful for birthday celebrations in October
2. The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George – your trip to Paris
3. A Darling Dahlia’s book by Susan Wittig Albert – your home
4. A Window Opens by? – books to read
5. Thankful for your faith
6. Come Hell or Highball by Maia Chance – highballs or your doggie
8. Thankful for trains that give Gage such joy
9. Who Do You Love by Jennifer Weiner – those you love
10. Death Wears A Mask by Ashely Weaver – mystery dinners
70 points! Extra hard week!
I don’t like Christmas Creep – it ruins the holiday. A local home improvement store was displaying decorations in September, and last week they were playing Christmas music. Barf.
I only know one book this week, and not because I’ve read it – just seen it on a few other blogs.
4. A Window Opens by Elizabeth Egan.
Woo Hoo! 10 points 🙂