Mailbox Monday – June 15

mmb-300x282Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week.Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

What a week!  Our computer decided to quit on me, so I called my geek squad, aka Jason, and four days later I have a new computer 🙂  I feel back in touch again, but admit that four days without a computer made me so much more relaxed.  But, now I can actually get a few things marked off my to do list.

Last week I only received one book, but it’s one that I’m very excited about!

The Mask: A Vanessa Michael Munroe NovelThe Mask by Taylor Stevens

Before I’ve always received an ARC so I was excited to receive a brand new hardcover this time. The official release is at the end of the month.  If you are interested in winning a copy you can enter the giveaway on Goodreads until Thursday (here).  Author Taylor Stevens and I go way back, lol, since I met her at the 2012 Bouchercon in Cleveland and then again when she visited town the next year.  She is an accessible author who freely shares the tricks of the trade, especially if you sign up for her monthly emails.

This is the 5th book in the Vanessa Michael Munroe series and I’m excited to read about Michael’s latest adventures.

Vanessa Michael Munroe, chameleon and information hunter, has a reputation for getting things done: dangerous and not quite legal things that have taken her undercover into some of the world’s deadliest places. Still healing from a Somali hijacking gone wrong and a brutal attack that left her near death, Munroe joins her lover, Miles Bradford, in Japan where he’s working as a security consultant protecting high-value technology from industrial espionage. In the domesticity of their routine she finds long sought-after peace—until Bradford is arrested for murder, and the same interests who targeted him come after her, too.
    Searching for answers and fighting to stay alive, Munroe will soon discover how far she’ll go to save Bradford from spending the next twenty years in locked-up isolation; how many laws she’ll break when the truth seems worse than his lies; and who to trust and who she must kill. Because she’s a strategist and hunter with a predator’s instincts, and the man she loves has just stabbed her in the back.      (from Goodreads)

Any other Michael fans out there?

June 14, 2015 - Posted by | Mailbox Monday

1. Glad you received the hardback edition. Enjoy!

Comment by Pat @ Posting For Now | June 15, 2015 | Reply

2. I want to start reading this series. I’ve had the first book for quite a while. It just got pushed back for other things. Don’t know how that happens. LOL

Comment by Kay | June 15, 2015 | Reply

3. I bet being without a computer was tough although, at times, I think a break from it would be nice. I know you love Stevens’ books so I’m glad you got the new one!

Comment by BermudaOnion | June 15, 2015 | Reply

4. I understand how frustrating computer problems can be–and that feeling of being out of touch when you don’t have access to one. I am glad you were able to get a new one! I haven’t yet read any of Taylor’s books, but they are on my list to try. I hope you enjoy The Mask!

Comment by Literary Feline | June 15, 2015 | Reply

5. I hate when I can’t use my computer for some reason, usually when the electricity goes off due to rain/storm. The Mask sounds like something I’d usually enjoy, but I’m reading lighter reads these days. I hope you enjoy it.

Comment by Vicki | June 15, 2015 | Reply

6. Happy reading

Comment by sagustocox | June 15, 2015 | Reply

7. Ugh, the bittersweet feeling of being unplugged vs needing to be plugged in! I am excited for this new book in the series!

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | June 15, 2015 | Reply

8. I haven’t read any of these books … I should remedy that! (*Adds it to the never-ending pile that I will never in a million years make it all the way through….*)

I so need to unplug. But I can’t seem to make myself do it. Between my laptop, iPad and phone I’m constantly connected … and addicted 😦

Comment by Tara | June 17, 2015 | Reply

9. Hope you love the new computer! I’m always surprised when a hardcover book arrives in my mailbox 🙂

Comment by Mary | June 17, 2015 | Reply

10. I have the first 3 books and I still haven’t made a start, *boo* need more hours in the day for all the wonderful books I want to read but life seems to keep getting in the way lol.
    Yay for the new computer but the downside is the ‘pressure’. I need to unplug but … 😉

Comment by Teddyree | June 17, 2015 | Reply