It’s 24 hour Read-a Thon time!!!

lg new readathonbutton borderI’m so excited! I’ve set aside the next 24 hours for all things books, reading and Read-a-Thon.

Opening Meme:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?  the Cleveland suburbs
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?  Finishing up Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?  I have knockout cake waiting for me in the frig
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I love the fun, community and, yes, the challenge of participating in the whole 24 hours.  I’ve only managed the whole 24 twice before so we’ll see how it goes today.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?   I am planning a VARIETY of bookish things today. Reading books, listening to books while I clean and cook, reading my regular blogs, cheering other readers, and building my yearly bookwall of unread books.  Here’s last year’s wall and start to finish it takes about 4-6 hours so I’ll be doing it in spurts when I need to move around.  (and I’ll start after my 4-year-old has left for grandma’s for the night).

I’ll be doing different posts fairly often.  Happy reading everybody!

April 24, 2015 - Posted by | Read-a-Thon

1. Stacy! I’m so happy to see you doing the readathon. I’m here to cheer for you – Team Mr. Popper. And I am going to get a little reading in myself or at least listening. Have a great time!!

Comment by Kay | April 25, 2015 | Reply

• It’s good to see you Kay! I’ll Pop(per) over and see what you’re up too 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 25, 2015 | Reply

2. Wishing you a wonderful readathon day.

Comment by Steph @ Living In High Cotton | April 25, 2015 | Reply

3. I hope you have a blast today! I bet Gage will be joining you in this in a few years!

Comment by BermudaOnion | April 25, 2015 | Reply

4. Have a great reading day! I’m participating too, but not for the entire day this time. I wish I had the room to build a book wall. As it is my office has towering stacks I call to-read-piles.

Comment by Leslie | April 25, 2015 | Reply

• Haha. It takes prep and some heavy lifting for the book wall AND Gage has to be no where near it at all. So I usually do it in the middle of the night anyway, why not use the read-a-thon as an excuse 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 25, 2015 | Reply

5. Ahhh the unread book pile. It just never seems to diminish does it?! Happy reading!!

Comment by amymckie | April 25, 2015 | Reply

• It tends to just keep growing every year!

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 25, 2015 | Reply