Shakespeare character quiz

Let’s see if you can match these Shakespeare characters with the play they appeared in.

No Googling or looking at other commenter answers.  Yes, we’re going by the honor system 🙂  Play every week or just one time, you are always welcome 🙂  It only takes once to be eligible for a prize.

Leave your guesses as a comment. Good luck!!

Choices-As You Like It, Othello, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Tempest, Romeo & Juliet, The Tamining of the Shrew, King Lear, Hamlet, Macbeth

1. Mercutio

2. Petruchio

3. Lysander

4. Miranda

5. Goneril

6. Hamlet

7. Marcus Brutus

8. Duncan

9. Desdemona

10. Rosalind

Answer’s to last week’s headshot quiz here.

April 15, 2015 - Posted by | Quizzes

1. 1. Romeo and Juliet
    2. Taming of the Shrew
    3. Midsummer Night’s Dream
    4. The Tempest
    5. King Lear
    6. Hamlet
    7. Julius Caesar, but it’s not one of your choices … 10 characters listed and 9 plays
    8. Macbeth
    9. Othello
    10. As You Like It

Comment by Word Lily | April 15, 2015 | Reply

• Sorry about the omission! I’m giving you an extra 10 for knowing it 🙂 110!

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 5, 2015 | Reply

2. I’m terrible at Shakespeare. Totally.

1. Romeo and Juliet
    6. Hamlet

That’s it. I hang my head in shame. LOL

Comment by Kay | April 15, 2015 | Reply

• 20 plus 10 since I forget to list a choice 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 5, 2015 | Reply

3. Oops, not my genre of expertise. I read I think two of his books in high school and that was many moons ago 🙂
    Wish my son was here…he knows more about him than I do. Thanks again for making this quiz, but I have no answers to give you here today.

Comment by Rita @ View From My Home | April 15, 2015 | Reply

4. I should get Vance to take this for me – he loves Shakespeare (he didn’t get that from me!) and took 2 Shakespeare classes in college. I’m sure I will bomb it. Don’t laugh at my guesses.

1 – As You Like It
    2 – The Taming of the Shrew
    3 – The Tempest
    4 – King Lear
    5 – A Midsummer’s Night Dream
    6 – Hamlet
    7 – Julius Caesar
    8 – Macbeth
    9 – Othello
    10 – Romeo & Juliet

Comment by BermudaOnion | April 15, 2015 | Reply

• Not bad!!! You got half of them 🙂 50 + 10 for knowing it was Julius Caesar even though I forgot to list it as a choice.

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 5, 2015 | Reply

5. 1. Romeo and Juliet
    2. As You Like It
    3. Midsummer
    4. King Lear
    5. The Tempest
    6. Hamlet
    7. The Taming of the Shrew
    8. Macbeth
    9. Othello
    10.Romeo and Juliet

Comment by brynhottman | April 15, 2015 | Reply

• Thanks for playing this week! I hope you’ll come back again 🙂 50 points + 10 because I forgot to list a choice.

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 5, 2015 | Reply

6. College was so long ago!

1. Romeo and Juliet

5. Goneril – King Lear

6. Hamlet- Hamlet

7. Marcus Brutus – Julius Caesar

8. Duncan – MacBeth

9. Desdemona – Othello

10. Rosalind – As You Like It

I think I have them all right. I love my Shakespeare, although I’ll admit to not having read all of them. I know a lot of the characters from seeing the film adaptations, or the plays themselves. 🙂

Comment by thetruebookaddict | April 17, 2015 | Reply

• 100 + 10 for knowing Julius Caesar even though I forgot to list it as a choice!

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 5, 2015 | Reply

• Wow! And you know…I didn’t even notice Julius Caesar wasn’t listed. I just know the history, and that play, so well. 🙂 Thanks!

I received The Serpent of Venice yesterday. Thanks again!

Comment by thetruebookaddict | May 5, 2015

• Just mailed Infinite Jest this afternoon 🙂 I had such high hopes when I bought it 17 years ago. Let me know what you think.

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 5, 2015