What’s in a Name? Quiz – guessing closed

quiz  This week it’s all about names.  As I walked through the library and picked up books that had names in the title it only took me a few minutes before my arms were full.  These were all published in the last several years.

Take your best guesses, be entered to win a prize.  No cheating (using the web to help find answers) or copying.  All extra details can be found here.

Leave your guesses in the comment section until Sunday.

You only need to give me 2 names per book, the one missing from the title and the author’s first name.  Since I think these are tricky they are all worth 10 points 🙂

names quiz

1 Julia/Ann   2Willow Frost/Jamie   3Stephen Mercedes   4Lisette/Susan   5Noa P Singleton/Elizabeth   6Benjamin Franklin/Sally   7Claudia Silver/Kathy   8Amy/Jincy   9Stella Bain/Anita   10Worthy Brown/Phillip   11Maya/Isabel   12Scarlet/Marissa   13Mrs. Dimple/Mignon

Answers the last week’s Robin Williams quiz here.  Leaderboard here.

September 3, 2014 - Posted by | Uncategorized |

1. 3. Stephen King’s Mr. Mercedes.

Comment by Tony Laplume | September 3, 2014 | Reply

10. Mrs. Blake, April
    11. Worthy Brown, Phillip
    12. Maya, Isabel
    13. Scarlet, Marissa
    14. Miss Dimple, Mignon

Comment by Word Lily | September 3, 2014 | Reply

• I didn’t think anyone would get a perfect score on this one – Awesome!! 140 points 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2014 | Reply

3. Fun quiz!
    1. Julia, Anne
    2. Willow Frost, Jamie
    3. Mercedes, Stephen (I just finished this yesterday)
    4. ______, Susan

9.Anita Shreve, Stella Bain,
    10.—-, Mother (?)
    11. Rasputin’s, Philip
    12.—-,Isabel
    13. Scarlet, Marissa
    14.Paula (?), —

I am so bad at title names, lol! Authors I am a bit sharper with remembering. Thanks for some fun this morning!

Comment by My Home of Books (@duffygal777) | September 3, 2014 | Reply

• 70 points! I would have not done well on this. Good thing I made it myself 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2014 | Reply

5. 5. Oh, I hated that book! Noa P. Singleton by Elizabeth (you didn’t cover her name).
    13. Scarlett by Marissa Meyer. And I loved that book, so that makes me even! :–)

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | September 3, 2014 | Reply

6. As a few of you have pointed out already, I gave you half of 5. Free points!!!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 3, 2014 | Reply

7. 3- King / Mercedes
    5- Noa P. Singleton / Elizabeth
    6- Benjamin Franklin’s / Sally
    9- Anita / (Don’t know the title.)
    11- Worthy Brown’s / Phillip
    13- Scarlet / Marissa

Comment by Tara | September 3, 2014 | Reply

8. Your quizzes are so clever and creative!
    1. Juila, Ann B.
    12. Maya’s, Isabel
    13. Scarlet, Marissa
    14?

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | September 3, 2014 | Reply

• 115 points! Thanks for your compliment, I have fun 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2014 | Reply

9. I am going to do terribly at this, but here goes…

3. Stephen – Mercedes

10. A Star for Mrs Blake – April Smith
    11.
    12. Maya’s Notebook – Isabel Allende
    13. Scarlet – Marissa Meyer
    14. Miss Dimple Picks a Peck of Trouble – Mignon Ballard 🙂

Comment by Teddyree | September 4, 2014 | Reply

11. I should have waited to answer the quiz. When I went to the library, I saw two of the titles I didn’t know! Oh well.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | September 4, 2014 | Reply

• Ack! I meant to tell you you can always add on to your answers throughout the week, sorry 😦

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 10, 2014 | Reply

12. […] Answers to last week’s name quiz here. […]

Pingback by For the more musically inclined quiz « Stacy's Books | September 10, 2014 | Reply